Gibson Brands Forums

Newbies With 3 Or 4 Post.....

Murph

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some of you guys scare some of them off. Most newbies have real stupid questions (mine included).

Sometimes they don't get answers just a little flak.

Maybe their skin isn't thick enough for some ofyou guys.

Newbie's almost allways ask the same questions, It's the first for them , Maybe the hundredth for you .

Maybe a little patience , newbies may be a little soft.

I think some of you guys scare some of them off. Most newbies have real stupid questions (mine included).

Newbie's almost allways ask the same questions' date=' It's the first for them , Maybe the hundredth for you .

Maybe a little patience , newbies may be a little soft.[/quote']

I imagine they are afraid to ask questions "stupid" and get answers more or less friendly.

But we all start one day and we do not know when big things, settings and characteristics of the instruments.

We must be tolerant as the ancients were with us then.

But I don't understand why it starts from the forum after their issue. Even if I do not read all the posts, I can read those interested.

And I learn or discover things really interessant or opinion because we do not all have the same views on music.

It should remain involved and to learn more.

Furthermore I am passionate about my Gibson and a talk is a pleasure without limits.

So they are as passionate as us?

They have the same emotion that we played on their Gibson?

I think most of them don't have the ambition to do a search on there subjects, or read the various forums that would explain why we get bombarded with Epi questions in this forum.

The ones that we think are stupid I agree is because they are posted over and over again, but for the most part I think we answer legit questions with patience and kindness.

It's the blatantly stupid questions that get the attacks. Like Pick guards etc.

I think most of them don't have the ambition to do a search on there subjects' date=' or read the various forums[/quote']

I think that's it there. It's kind of ironic because it takes a lot less time to find an answer through some searches than it does to sign up for a forum and then wait for someone to respond. The way I see it is that if I have a question about something, then somebody else must have asked the same question or posted information about it already and the only questions really worth asking are ones seeking the opinions of others rather than actual facts (although, guitar players tend to state opinions as facts...). Or maybe some folks just believe that all of their thoughts and ideas are completely unique and special.

On the flip side, some topics can be fairly obscure so I can see asking about those. I've been searching around for an owner's manual or some sort of user guide for a locking trem bridge that's over 20 years old and and haven't been having any luck so far so I might end up asking around about that.

I recall reading a post over a year ago by a Newb asking "why doesnt Gibson make a Buckethead sig LP". He got blasted for about six pages by forumites about how Gibson would never stoop to that level. I really wish he would come back and blast all the tools that crucified him.

Newbie's almost allways ask the same questions' date=' It's the first for them , Maybe the hundredth for you .

Maybe a little patience , newbies may be a little soft.[/quote']

Man.... I thought this was a Internet dating site!! (no WONDER every date I got off here was with someone with hairy legs and calloused fingers!!)

Archived