Gibson Brands Forums

I ordered a PRS.

rocketman

Well after playing a whole bunch of them over the last 6 months I finally decided to pull the trigger. I'm getting a 25th Anniversary Custom 24 with a 10 Top in Smoked Amber. Now the waiting game begins (1-2 months). I'm very excited. Here's a picture of one...

645729.jpg

Thanks Neo! I did ask about the quilt top and it isn't an option for the 25th Anniversary Custom 24. I don't know if they're available in other models though. I'm getting the wide thin neck. Also, I took Are Nine's advice. It comes with 57/08 pickups.

Very cool, congrats! What made you go with an anniversary model?

Quilt tops are available on other models. Scroll down around eight pictures. http://www.theguitarshop.ca/

Did you play any with 57/08 pickups, or are you just going in my word? They're fantastic, I love how they sound...but the problem is I also love how 59/09s sound. I take it you want a mellower tone?

I've not tried the 57/08 or the 59/09 pickups in any PRS.

I did take the pickup covers off of my Custom 22 (with Dragon II pickups) and I found that the neck pickup became a bit warmer and the bridge slightly sharper.

I'm happy with the tone of both and actually don't have any desire to change them --- at least so far. [thumbup]

Here's a video showing the tone of it through a Peavey Classic 50 after I put new tubes in it (gotta sit through some Byrdland tone for a few minutes though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3XPY1VFL_g

Very cool' date=' congrats! What made you go with an anniversary model?

Quilt tops are available on other models. Scroll down around eight pictures. http://www.theguitarshop.ca/

Did you play any with 57/08 pickups, or are you just going in my word? They're fantastic, I love how they sound...but the problem is I also love how 59/09s sound. I take it you want a mellower tone?[/quote']

I got the Anniversary model because it was only $250 more. I figured it was worth it. Quilt tops are certainly beautiful (someday!). I didn't get a chance to play the 57/08 pickups but I trust your judgment! Yes I want a mellower tone because I've got the Sonex for that screaming tone.

The guitar in that picture has a 5-way switch - will yours' date=' too? I don't believe you don't get push/pulls.[/quote']

That's right. I didn't have an option for the push/pulls. I've played both and I kinda like the 5-way switch.

I'm already getting antsy and it's only been a few days. But playing my others guitars helps. This is the first one I've had to wait for. How do you guys who order guitars do it???

I didn't get a chance to play the 57/08 pickups but I trust your judgment!

Yikes' date=' R9ers reputation is riding on this one!! #-o

That's right. I didn't have an option for the push/pulls. I've played both and I kinda like the 5-way switch.

I'm sure your next PRS will have them...unless it's a 513. :-

Archived