Gibson Brands Forums

Truth

DAS44

I haven't gone anywhere' date=' this place just doesnt hold the same interest for me... It get's a bit mundane reading threads that read like an MSN messenger conversation...

Regards[/quote']

Anyone else notice how true this is?

Post something relevant to guitars, whether it be music a gear review, something.

Post something relevant to guitars? I see.... maybe you should lead by example bud.

I haven't been on her in a few days, and I haven't missed it....

I stay here for the interesting and useful topics, but sometimes there seems to be a day of nothing but inane stuff

Take the good with the bad I guess

Guys, lets face it.....we have said all that needs to be said about Lesters. I mean really, how much more is there to say?

We are at the point where we keep rehashing the same old topics over and over again.

As long as we stay friendly to one another and dont get too intense we will be alright.

Guys' date=' lets face it.....we have said all that needs to be said about Lesters. I mean really, how much more is there to say?

We are at the point where we keep rehashing the same old topics over and over again.

As long as we stay friendly to one another and dont get too intense we will be alright.[/quote']

Eaxctly!

Guys' date=' lets face it.....we have said all that needs to be said about Lesters. I mean really, how much more is there to say?

As long as we stay friendly to one another and dont get too intense we will be alright.[/quote']

With respect: It isn't strictly about Lesters. It's about guitars and music and playing and listening and enjoying. As long as your passion for guitars and guitar music is alive and well, there's something to be shared. We're not all ol' farts in here. There's an obligation to the younger, less experienced players. I agree, if you feel you've said/heard everything there is to say, it's probably pretty boring. But, even at my age, I'm not even close to being bored with this place, with music, with guitars, and certainly not with people who share my passion. I can't imagine the let-down it might be to some young picker to be told there's nothing left to say about guitars in here.

With respect: It isn't strictly about Lesters. It's about guitars and music and playing and listening and enjoying. As long as your passion for guitars and guitar music is alive and well' date=' there's something to be shared. We're not all ol' farts in here. There's an obligation to the younger, less experienced players. I agree, if you feel you've said/heard everything there is to say, it's probably pretty boring. But, even at my age, I'm not even close to being bored with this place, with music, with guitars, and certainly not with people who share my passion. I can't imagine the let-down it might be to some young picker to be told there's nothing left to say about guitars in here.[/quote']

I sure don't want to be accused of bein' too philosophic here...but I enjoy the threads here because I don't hang with musicians all the time, (since 2007 when I did my last concert). It's true, I have most of my family to bounce things off of, but they all expect ME to have all the answers....and I don't.

Don't think 'cause I tend to post smart-aleck remarks that I'm not reading and learning.

When I feel I have something to add, I'm happy to post...and of course I LOVE to show off my DIF.

I did get a clip from Carter recently that I thought was great. He played two guitar parts & bass. Makes me want to jam with him on my next trip to Minnesota. Where else can you get that kind of interaction?

It's about guitars and music and playing and listening and enjoying. As long as your passion for guitars and guitar music is alive and well' date=' there's something to be shared. [/quote']

Dennis,

I have to admit that you are one of the few members that keeps me coming back.

Dennis' date='

I have to admit that you are one of the few members that keeps me coming back. [/quote']

Thanks, Bill, I've always enjoyed your presence here too. I think, for the most part, the folks that don't get caught up in taking too much stuff too seriously can have a good experience here. It's supposed to be fun in addition to anything else...right? It ain't work and it ain't school...unless you're a mod. Then it's probably both. outtahere.gif

Thanks' date=' Bill, I've always enjoyed your presence here too. I think, for the most part, the folks that don't get caught up in taking too much stuff too seriously can have a good experience here. It's supposed to be [i']fun[/i] in addition to anything else...right? It ain't work and it ain't school...unless you're a mod. Then it's probably both. outtahere.gif

I wish more would try to have fun as well.

+1

Right back at ya, Bob. You and I went to the same school in different places. I've met a few on here that give me that same sense of kindred spirit. I think, perhaps, that we came up in the best of times for young musicians who got their start in a garage. It weren't no Juillard but, damn, did we have some good times?

Archived