Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard 101

Californiaman

Here's a good "How To" for anyone wondering what is the right way to set up a basic pedal board.

Sure personal preference comes into play. I like my wah-wah driven with a fuzz pedal sometimes, this is a pretty good demo for beginners. Note that the time-based pedals Chorus, Flanger, Tremelo, Deja-Vibes, go last in the signal chain. Also, if you are using the effects loop on your amp, make sure that the pedal can be used in the effects loop. Some pedal manufacturers issue a warning against using certain pedals in an effects loop.

Again, this is a good place to start.[-(

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I always have my wah after OD or distortion. NEVER in the front like that. I feel like it takes the smooth transition of bass to treble out of the wah. It sounds like all bass and then it snaps into all treble. When you put it after it smooths out the transition like it would be if it was just a clean wah. That's just my experience anyways.

i tried putting the noise supressor at the end of the chain as suggested in the above video...[cool] , it dosen't work!...even the boss manual says that it goes at the front of the chain witch is bloody obvious when you think about it, you want to eliminate the noise and hum from the strings vibrating while not playing...if you put it last in the chain it will try to surpress the sound coming from your overdrive/distortion pedals...[biggrin]

...You know' date=' he calls himself the Tone King, but I haven't liked his tone in most of the videos I've seen of him...[/quote']

I KNOW. I've never thought he sounded good at all.

He's a perfect example of a guy who sucks at guitar but has a bunch of awesome gear.

Gearrmandude is way better.

Ok who wants to try out and have a digitech RP-80 for shipping cost only........restrictions apply..........I got one ...I got a box to jam it in

....got some dose styriofoam peanuts ........and I don't use it no more since I got a ME-70...................established members prefered

Archived