Gibson Brands Forums

Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?

daveinspain

mmm. Coffee, the freshly brewed elixir of life.

Liquid Sunshine.

The only place I've had Starbucks was at the airport.

And it was okay.

Timmeh Hortons is good.

But the coffee I had in Southern Spain was the best!

Cafe' Solo Doublo and a Cohiba. Good morning!

They are moving into the US now....on my drive back from Seattle I encountered a Timmy's in Michigan.....we moving South!! [biggrin]

Not that far South. Did you cross at Detroit or Port Huron? I grew up 15min from Port Huron and with the insane amount of Canadians that come over from Sarnia to shop and hang out they had to give them a few comforts of home :-k

GOD, DO I LOVE COFFEE!

During the week I drink the coffee at the office.

On weekends the wife and I brew at home with this - http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/store/product/id/137 . Roasted in the city so it's über fresh.

Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tastes the same to me once you get a shot of half & half in it. Can't get into those syrupy mocha double frap with whip and caramel things. Too much sugar

I'm the first "I Drink Tea" poster.

I like Lipton Yellow Label - not the kind for export to the UK, but the kind with the Indian writing on the box (it has a fuller taste). I get it at a local India imports store.

I used to drink coffee, and I liked Dunkin' better than Starbucks. But coffee has always been too acidic for me.

Notes

BTW, if you move the D of Dunkin' Donuts to the end of the word, you get Unkind Donuts. Don't ask me why I know that :-k

I'm not into "chocolatemochachinolatapumpkindoubleskimlotsothersh1t" coffee. lI'll go to Dunkin' Donuts. Wife likes Starbucks. We do brew Starbucks or Seattle's Best (which I believe is owned by Starbucks now) at home, stuff in cans sux. Seattle's Best Henry's Blend is outstanding.

Tim Horton was a fine hockey player, that'd be reason enough for me to try coffee there.

Actually both Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks makes horrible coffee. However, Starbucks does use more bean varieties and a better bean. Dunkin' is horrible coffee even when you take it home to brew it yourself. On the other hand there are a few of Starbuck's coffees that are tolerable and a couple are good.

Of those type of stores I think Krispe Kreme really has the best, and smoothest coffee both in how they brew it at their stores and when you take the beans home and brew it yourself.

As for mail order coffee - Gevalia coffee is pretty darn good.

Good coffee is primarily about 3 things - location of where the bean is from, how fresh it is, and how it has been roasted.

EDIT: oh I guess there is one more thing that comes into making good coffee - how it is ground. A burr grinder will produce a more consistant size and shape of ground coffee thus maximizing how much and how well water flows thru. END EDIT HERE.

Kona is my favorite bean, I like a light to medium roast and of course the fresher the better.

Contrary to popular blief, a light roast actually packs more caffine than does a dark roast. It is heat that causes the caffine to be produced in the bean so when you roast a bean to be a dark roast it removes a lot of the caffine ~ think of water boiling on a stove where eventually it boils away until there is nothing. On the other hand, dark roasted beans bring a certain nuttyness and earthyness to the flavor party.

Coffee, like guitars, amps, Jesus Christ, and motorcycles is a passion of mine.

I typically make my own espresso but I'll stand up and say Starbucks out of the choices given. There a better coffee shops but I'll give them the credit for bringing many people to the light of good coffee other than their Folgers and learn some variety in the larger world of coffee. Then they can go out and find better shops or grind fresh at home with quality beans.

I make the best coffee a coffee lover could drink.

80% Colombian, 20% French Roast freshly ground at brewing time in a French Press. Strong and Full of Sediment!!!!

As for Dunkin' vs Starbucks: Don't care for Dunkin' Donuts, very weak. Don't care for Starbucks regular coffee, Burnt tasting. Do like Starbucks Cappuccinos, Grande with an extra shot.

I make the best coffee a coffee lover could drink.

80% Colombian' date=' 20% French Roast freshly ground at brewing time in a French Press. Strong and Full of Sediment!!!!

As for Dunkin' vs Starbucks: Don't care for Dunkin' Donuts, very weak. Don't care for Starbucks regular coffee, Burnt tasting. Do like Starbucks Cappuccinos, Grande with an extra shot. [/quote']

In a french press..... totally awesome! We should hang out and drink coffee and play guitar ~ something like "Flight of the Bumble bee" after the coffee.

Archived