Gibson Brands Forums

Furious...

Silenced Fred

So, I heard today that some members from my band were talking about kicking me out. I have talked to some people so far and the responses have been a little disheartening, saying that it isn't true, no one has said anything about kicking me out, but it isn't very convincing. I have no reason to disbelieve that they said any of that though, the direction they have been headed has been a little 'away from me' covering rap songs, playing stupid stuff.

Here is my disclaimer: I am very low maintenance, I don't b¡tch about song selections, I play what parts are needed to be played, I am always on time to practice and I don't screw around.

What would you do in my shoes? I plan on confronting them all in person tomorrow, but if there is any hint this is true, I am walking out. They won't have to kick me out, because I am not putting up with any of that sh¡t.

:) [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry] [angry]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Band politics are weird. Hard to say what's up with your situation if no one else is stepping up. I'm not a confrontational type so it's not something I enjoy doing. But sometimes you gotta just ask your buds whassup and make 'em look you right in the eye when they respond. You can tell what's BS and what's not.

And, if you gotta walk, be cool with it. Spit happens. Back to the woodshed if that's what it takes. It's probably not the last time you'll be involved in a "personnel change". Good luck, mon.

Covering rap and playing stupid stuff? They sound like filth to me. [lol]

I don't know. If I were in your place I'd walk out and try to find people I "click" with.

That's impossible in my case (I've struggled to "click" musically with nearly everyone my age I know,) but you might have better luck.

Or stick around until something works out? I don't know.

Confronting them would probably be a good idea, at least.

What benefits would I get from lying on the internet? No offense Cruzn, but I try to be a stand up person, my parents raised me right. I am meeting with them all tomorrow and just going "WTF???" in better words.

If it's true, I will walk. If it isn't, I will stay, and keep on working. The covers of rap songs, aren't rap, they are more nu-metal (waiting for dem00n [lol] ) we play some okay stuff (QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Rise Against) but there is some of that mixed in. Most of the people in it are/have been very good friends (those that were good friends, it isn't that we aren't just don't talk as much as we used to)

I will keep everyone posted, but I hope this is false

Yo if there is talk in the wind of this and that etc. against you and as you have stated the music you are playing is not that much what you would like...

I am going to tell you right now do not be a follower..........do not just go along with whatever because you want to fit in.....it is a waste of your time if you are not enjoying 97 percent of the deal.......go make your own music and start your own band.

Who leaked this information to you? Is it someone you trust or someone who likes to stir up sh!t?

A combination thereof, it is someone I trust, but in the past, they have tried to stir up some **** before, so that is why I need to get all the information firsthand, but it is kinda like another saying "If you think your girlfriend is cheating on you, she probably is."

The music isn't completely to my liking, but there are hardly any other bands around here, no drummers whatsoever. I plan on this being my in between gig, I am going to college 2 hours away, and will hopefully have some hook ups out there, I am playing this for playing experience and to learn as much as I can about playing out.

Again these are good friends, but if they want me out, I'm out. I am having a meeting tomorrow with them so it should be interesting

What benefits would I get from lying on the internet? No offense Cruzn' date=' but I try to be a stand up person, my parents raised me right. I am meeting with them all tomorrow and just going "WTF???" in better words.

If it's true, I will walk. If it isn't, I will stay, and keep on working. The covers of rap songs, aren't rap, they are more nu-metal (waiting for dem00n [lol ) we play some okay stuff (QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Rise Against) but there is some of that mixed in. Most of the people in it are/have been very good friends (those that were good friends, it isn't that we aren't just don't talk as much as we used to)

I will keep everyone posted, but I hope this is false

No offense taken...but what are you talking about "lying on the internet"? You may have misunderstood something.

No offense taken...but what are you talking about "lying on the internet"? You may have misunderstood something.

You asked if I was as good a person I said I was, thats why I said no offense, I didn't think you meant that I was lying, but I had to say it.

Thanks for understanding

You asked if I was as good a person I said I was' date=' thats why I said no offense, I didn't think you meant that I was lying, but I had to say it.

Thanks for understanding

[/quote']

I'd be very grateful if you'd point out exactly where I asked you that. I don't see it in my post. And it was never my intention to express any such reservation.

I actually have a different suggestion. Don't do anything. Talking about it may cause a lot of friction no matter how nicely you put it. I would just continue to be the best bandmate possible. If they get rid of you, then just be polite and say "thanks for the fun ride and I wish you luck." I understand that you are furious and you probably have a right to be. Take it out in the gym though. I try to go through life by burning as few bridges as a I can. You don't have to be friends with them but don't give them any room for an escalation.

A combination thereof' date=' it is someone I trust, but in the past, they have tried to stir up some **** before, so that is why I need to get all the information firsthand, but it is kinda like another saying "If you think your girlfriend is cheating on you, she probably is."

The music isn't completely to my liking, but there are hardly any other bands around here, no drummers whatsoever. I plan on this being my in between gig, I am going to college 2 hours away, and will hopefully have some hook ups out there, I am playing this for playing experience and to learn as much as I can about playing out.

Again these are good friends, but if they want me out, I'm out. I am having a meeting tomorrow with them so it should be interesting

[/quote']

My home town is pretty much the same way. No drummers, no bass players, no keyboard players, all guitar players. Most of them never play again after they graduate high school. Camden TN is pretty much a Country/Rap town. It's like Jack White's home town. It's almost like you'd be embarrassed to be a guitar player here. But me? Embarrassed? No way man.

I think bands are like girls. If you can't get one, there's always more fish in the sea. And being band free for a while could give you time to really crack down on practicing, studying music and guitar theory, and just becoming one with your instrument, unless you've already done most of this.

Im really going to wish you the best of luck in the future. There are always more opportunities in the world. And even if you can't get anything now, waiting might not hurt. They always say Patience is a virtue.

But if this isn't the case, and they don't want you out, then happy day. [lol]

I guess I'm just lucky. My mates are totally my best friends and we really "click" musically.

We've had some problems in the past with the drummer friend but he's really mellowed out and gotten a lot better at drums.

I especially love playing with the drummer because when we really get in the zone I look at him and he's just rocking out in total ectasy. He just feels it and loves playing music and I appreciate it.

We just need another member. Either one of us has to step up and start writing songs and singing or we need another member. I have HIGH standards of a new member so it's a tough situation.

I really feel like as a group we have something.

I still say F*** those jack asses........and let them know you are not gonna play bullshit games...and it might be another band mate

takes the fall and all works out........band dynamics are just like soap operas .....and if you are serious you can cut through the BS and get the job

done. Cause for every one decent band there go a thousand variations that were fu-cked up.

You asked if I was as good a person I said I was' date=' that's why I said no offense, I didn't think you meant that I was lying, but I had to say it.[/quote']

I'd be very grateful if you'd point out exactly where I asked you that. I don't see it in my post. And it was never my intention to express any such reservation.

Not that it's any of my business' date=' but I can clear up this situation.

"Fred61" has confused your post with a remark from "Riverside":

If you're as good a guy as you say you are' date=' and they still have a problem - fire them.[/quote']

Not that it's any of my business' date=' but I can clear up this situation.

"Fred61" has confused your post with a remark from "Riverside":

[/quote']

Good thing we got a court reporter............now everyone back to your corners !

Archived