Gibson Brands Forums

I didn't watch Avatar...

Thundergod

I saw it and loved it....if you ain't into Sci Fi though' date=' it may not be your cup of tea! [/quote']

I've read some sci-fi that I really enjoyed. But this doesn't ring my bell. Looks like great animation and effects, etc. As you say, not my cuppa.

I just can't see paying good money to watch a cartoon. And' date=' like you, I haven't seen anything about it that piques my interest. [/quote']

Dont think of it as a cartoon. Its be equated as the next step in motion pictures. Its like when

colour was first introduced. It really has to be seen to be believed.

Dont think of it as a cartoon. Its be equated as the next step in motion pictures. Its like when

colour was first introduced. It really has to be seen to be believed.

I don't doubt that it's a unique (movie) theater experience. But I think a certain enjoyment of the whole "going to the movies" process is prerequisite. And that leaves me out. I very seldom even sit in front of the TV long enough to enjoy a full length movie.

3D. Imax. Very nice.

Same here; just saw it this past weekend.

I thought it was very good' date=' if not quite up to all the hype (I liked [i']Star Trek[/i] a lot more). The visuals were nothing short of stunning but I thought the plot was nothing new and the film didn't need to be as long as it was (then again, I didn't think that Titanic needed to be as long as it was either). I recommend seeing it in 3D in a theater while you still can; it was worth the extra cost.

I've seen it. Just yesterday actually. It's pretty impressive visually. The story itself has been seen many times before.

BUT I really wish I had stayed at home. Movie theatres are not for me. 250 people messing around with noisy bags of their shitty candy and chewing their mother****ing popcorn with their mouths open.

I actually yelled at some idiot behind me who didn't have enough brain capacity to watch a movie, read the subtitles and close his mouth while eating at the same time. He stopped. My gf was embarresed. I was angry.

I'm not going to movies anymore. It ain't worth it.

As you were.

I saw it.

I was impressed by the visual impact. IMO, it's just a somewhat below-average movie with well-above-average visual effects.

It did very little for me, to be honest. I enjoyed watching it at the time, but I won't rush out to see it again any time soon.

I'm waiting for The Runaways to come out. That movie might be neat.

Unfortunately not yet. The twins offer us quite visual and sound effects (!) and keep us too busy... And I feel that it's rather too early for them to leave my in-laws babysit.

Anyway, I can (and like to) watch all kinds of movies (instead or really stupid or pretentious ''artistic'' ones). I would love to.

And James Cameron will always be, for me at least, the director of the coolest action movie ever: Terminator II

Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSe78qP5lKM[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah' date=' not all movies can have Oscar worthy dialogue or have a story thats never been told (are there any left?)... people forget that movies are for Entertainment and don't need to be enlightening. Go have fun![/quote']

Hey, there's a huge difference between a movie just being good, thoughtless entertainment for those all-too-often "brain-dead moments" (I have loads of those) and a movie making me roll my eyes and groan every five minutes or so.

You say something like "people forget that movies are for entertainment," but I think that maybe you ought to keep in mind that different things entertain different people. Just something to keep in mind. I never forget that movies are for entertainment--none of my criticism ever comes from any sort of high-minded or esoteric place. It's all based on what I enjoy.

Movies don't all need "Oscar worthy dialogue," and simply can't "have a story that's never been told," but (I think) everything is in the presentation, and after all most of the people I know who've seen Avatar have loved it. A few I know have said, as if it's an objective statement, that it's "the greatest movie ever made." It makes me wonder if they've seen any other movies? Sorry, but it really does.

I had fun while watching it, but it was (just my opinion here) a decidedly stupid movie. Stupidity isn't something that should necessarily deter someone from seeing a movie, but it may be something to keep in mind--also, my opinion of what exactly "stupidity" is may or may not be different from another's.

That said, I think it should be seen. Once, at least. It's worth seeing, just for the awesome visual presentation.

Archived