Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater

Gibson CS

Sweetwater is by far the best online dealer in terms of customer service. They pair you with a sales rep (or you can choose) and they will help you find the guitar you want. They won't sell you up but rather work with you to find what you are actually looking for. Once you find out what model, you can pick which one in stock you want, from the color to the serial number. And if you aren't satisfied all you've lost is the cost of shipping. A mere $30. Are you really going to complain?

Anyone here deal with Sweetwater?

I've ordered a few things from them and have no complaints. My brother-in-law ordered one of the original Robots

from them. When he received it and opened the shipping box and case, he discovered that the back of the Robot's body had been scratched by the Certificate of Authenticity, which was shipped under the guitar's body in the case.

My brother-in-law called Sweetwater and spoke to his salesman, Mark Thompson. Mark arranged for the guitar to be picked up and shipped back to their headquarters in Fort Wayne, Indiana...where one of their service techs buffed out the scratches (they evaluated the guitar and if the scratches had been TOO bad they would have shipped the Robot back to Gibson for repair). Sweetwater then shipped the guitar back to my brother-in-law and Mark Thompson notified Gibson about the problem. All of the service and shipping was paid for by Sweetwater. I should also mention that Sweetwater matched a lower price from Guitar Center (I had a 10% off coupon) when my brother-in-law bought the guitar...so he got a good price and good service after the sale.

If there's a better place to buy a guitar online, I don't know of it! <g>

Cat Daddy

Archived