Gibson Brands Forums

I started a band before I learned how to play an instrument.

Stew

The fact is I still can’t play very well at all. I picked up my first guitar ever a couple months ago after watching MTV awards and decided I can write better music then what I heard. I’m a fine artist (painter) so I’m used to being creative so I do have a slight edge then maybe a normal Joe on the street. Plus, my girlfriend (who I bought a ES335, another reason I wanted to learn guitar) was a popular musician a few years back before she decided to go back to school. I asked her to join my band… She knew I was serious but laughed and then said yes. She called a few friends from the past and now they are on board. We wrote over 10 songs in 2 months and are currently recording in a studio here in South Florida. I have never learned a cover of anyone’s song… I write only original material and so far everyone is impressed... i do get lots of help though. The fact is, I just don’t give a **** and I just do it with nothing to lose! Our lead guitarist and Music producer influenced a whole generation of guitarists with his former band and he believes in this project so I’m totally stoked. Our first CD will be coming out in next couple months. Stay tuned. Moral of the story, **** it and just do it. The music out there blows and if a psycho like me can come along and form a killer band… it’s about time we all get out there and REALLY give popular music a much needed kick in the face with our ROCK! Bring back the ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you were in the music scene in the mid 90's in florida you would probably not know of my girlfriend. As far as lead guitarist, I must hold out on his name also for now. He was in one of the top bands in the country early and mid 90's.

It's Scott Kannberg' date=' isn't it?

Come on, you can be honest with us.

If I'm wrong on this first try, I'll stop guessing and deal with the suspense.[/quote']

I will give a hint. They were one of the big bands to come out of Florida in the 90's.

I did the same thing over 10 years ago. I bought a guitar and was in a band the very next day. My then singer/bassist did the same. We were horrible but learned and grew together.

I picked up my first guitar ever a couple months ago after watching MTV awards and decided I can write better music then what I heard.

I love this!! [cool]

Off to studio for another recording session but I will say one last thing. His former band may be one of the most controversial bands of all time. He influenced a young generation with his creepy sounds on guitar. Thats it, I'm done.

Archived