Gibson Brands Forums

jimmy page mod

yatyas

having the pickups in my 2008 standard switched with S.D's, a custum and a JB, the burst buckers are just terrible things.

now my setup guy asked me if i want to do a regular install, a coil tap or the jimmy page mod, he'll do the mod for me for under $300(parts, labor ,setup) he's a good guy so pretty sure price is o.k , but what i'd like some input on is, is the mod worth it or is it overkill, as in a lot of fancy options i'll never use?

the coil tap is a pretty cool thing, that i might go for

any thoughts from the collective mind?

having the pickups in my 2008 standard switched with S.D's' date=' a custum and a JB, the burst buckers are just terrible things.

now my setup guy asked me if i want to do a regular install, a coil tap or the jimmy page mod, he'll do the mod for me for under $300(parts, labor ,setup) he's a good guy so pretty sure price is o.k , but what i'd like some input on is, is the mod worth it or is it overkill, as in a lot of fancy options i'll never use?

the coil tap is a pretty cool thing, that i might go for

any thoughts from the collective mind?[/quote']

Just note that a lot of the mods were done post-zeppelin.

not all that computer savey, how the hell do i get what some one else wrote into my post as in :

fennrx wrote:

what ever he wrote

just asking

anyway FennRx , i like that web site , and its probably something i could do ,thanks.

however ,it does not answer the question

"is it worth it" or just a fancy doodad ?

i cant tell you if its worth it or not. that really depends on you and what you like. the idea of a coil split is pretty cool, since i dont like playing strats at all. the out-of-phase sound would also be cool if you like Peter Green. the mod will definitely give you a wide variety of tones to mess with.

for me, i imagine it would be more of a cool gadget than a "must have" item. if you are just a huge JP fan remember, as another poster noted, that all of his mods were done post-zeppelin.

not all that computer savey' date=' how the hell do i get what some one else wrote into my post as in :

fennrx wrote:

what ever he wrote

just asking

anyway FennRx , i like that web site , and its probably something i could do ,thanks.

however ,it does not answer the question

"is it worth it" or just a fancy doodad ?[/quote']

just above someone's post is the word Quote... just click on that.

if you want to do it manually type in

finish this off with the [/quote ]

Note the useage of the [ and the ] .. I had to leave a space so you could see what i typed... you wouldn't leave any sapces between the [ ]

thanks for the input, i think i'm going to go with just the coil tap, love the single coil sound of my strat , if i can get that out of playing my LP, it will be great, know it wont sound quite the same but that's OK. dropping it off on monday, pick up on Wednesday , cant wait.

is it strange to keep and play my fender strat and my les paul in different parts of the house so they don't now about each other and get jealous ?

and if you think that's weird, on Tuesdays i stand on the side of the road with a live duck tied to my head and wave my wiener at traffic while singing the theme song to THE FACTS OF LIFE[blink]

Archived