Gibson Brands Forums

Post your rig

Silenced Fred

Gibson SG Special Faded into a Marshall MG10KK that I've finally managed to get somewhat decent tones from. Hey, it was marked-down when I got it! No pedals at the moment, but I may end up changing that soon.

Oh wait...was this supposed to be a thread for gigging musicians? Sorry--I forgot to mention that this is my bedroom rig. I wouldn't be caught dead trying to gig with one of these amps.

Gibson SG Special Faded into a Marshall MG10KK that I've finally managed to get somewhat decent tones from. Hey' date=' it was marked-down when I got it! No pedals at the moment, but I may end up changing that soon.

Oh wait...was this supposed to be a thread for gigging musicians? Sorry--I forgot to mention that this is my bedroom rig. I wouldn't be caught dead trying to gig with one of these amps.[/quote']

Not gigging, it don't matter, some of the best people out there, are those that don't leave the house, even though they should (hint hint)

I played on the KK, and it isn't too bad, but I prefer Fender amps for solid state :D

What if you don't play out?

If you do, I meant this as something to post what you primarily play, some people's sigs (not to name names, but Are Nine, Retrosurf and a few others, would have sigs that would go the entire length of a page.

The primary gear you play, guitar-amp-pedals

Geez sorry for offending so many people :D

Cool B*******!

I remember those Acoustic heads. When I first started out 30 years ago (:-({|= )our singers bro had one and our bassist would always use it.

Nice one mate.[wink]

Never seen the matching w-bin looking cabs though?

Very cool, do you know what kinds of models they had?

well, I got my first Acoustic 136 not knowing anything about it. Then I started to like it. Then I liked it so much I just had to get another one.

I run either my Epi Les paul or my strat through a Vox wah, then an Ibanex TS9 Tubescreamer and finally into either a Fender tweed blues Jr. or a Kustom tube 12A.

Hopefully going to be adding a delay in there soon.... And maybe a reverb pedal for when I use the Kustom.

Acoustic rig~ Seagull twelve string through a mic :-

Gibson SG Standard > Russian Big Muff > Dunlop Hendrix signature wah > Boss ce-2 Chorus > Vox ac30 cc1

The SG is the bee's knees. It's special.

The Muff is very cool but not versatile at all. I use it less and less lately but I love the way it sounds.

The wah sounds good and I love how loose the action is. I can do really fast, fluttery sounding stuff with it.

The Boss chorus is pretty old and really beat up. It sounds awesome. Especially through the Vox. I love this pedal and I've been using it the most lately.

The Vox is making me really happy. I'm very pleased with it. The clean tones are so good. I love the way it sounds. Very distinct. When I get some cash I may upgrade tubes.

The Boss chorus is pretty old and really beat up. It sounds awesome. Especially through the Vox. I love this pedal and I've been using it the most lately.

I hear ya Dub.

Mine just died on me! Aaargh![cool]

So...it's off to my techy with it along with my Cry Baby. I'm usually good at pulling things apart and getting 'em back up and running...but I've met my match here.:) I have no freaking idea. Don't really care too much about the cry baby as I'm not a big fan of them (gimme a Vox anyday) but the CE-2 has got me breaking out in a cold sweat. The shimmer on those things is to die for.:-

Archived