Gibson Brands Forums

What do kids have to be emo about?

Basshole

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5886Nb_psg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure what makes kids make this kind of music, whether they are trying to fit on, let out there repressed emotions, or picking off were KISS left off.

But Emo...

My Grandfather went through two five major Wars, several Gas crisis, A Great Depression. and not once did he feel any emotions and he played amazing Spanish guitar.

Not drop tuned stuff, do you think kids are starting to lose backbone?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5886Nb_psg[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not sure what makes kids make this kind of music' date=' whether they are trying to fit on, let out there repressed emotions, or picking off were KISS left off.

But Emo...

My Grandfather went through two five major Wars, several Gas crisis, A Great Depression. and not once did he feel any emotions and he played amazing Spanish guitar.

Not drop tuned stuff, do you think kids are starting to lose backbone?[/quote']

You're kidding....these guys look so freakin' retarded in the beginning

There is nothing wrong with showing emotion. If you feel it, let it out and ignore the people who judge you. Sadly, that's not what emo's about anymore. The problem I have with "emo" is that it's become a fashion. It went from a musical movement to a bunch of sad kids with piercings. Half the kids who go around calling themselves emo don't have a clue about the music.

Talking about the actual music, most of it is pretty bad, but there used to be some decent bands labeled as emo.

It's just different ways to express emotion using music. *shrug* It's like people playing their heart out in the blues, they scream their hearts out.

Truth be told, I used to like emo a few years ago (though not like that garbage in that video), and now that my tastes have matured, I like blues music. It's just different ways to tell the same story.

It's just a trend, dude. Let people listen to whatever they want, whether you think they've 'earned' the right to be emotional/sad or not.

Real emo kids, that started showing up a while ago, started making the music, and as it caught on, people just started marketing it. Now you see the people wearing the skin tight pants, growing long hair, saying they hate their lives and should cut themselves, but they don't, they just do it for the shock value and to get attention and fit into a group.

They can turn out any type of crap, label it emo, and people will buy it.

Stupid stuff..

And Ba sshole- my friend sent me that video, I just burst out laughing... I think it should become the new rickroll

Archived