Gibson Brands Forums

I have a confession...

Silenced Fred

First off, let me say I love my Les Paul. It is a great guitar, and it plays great. However....

I think I am turning into a Fender guy

I just love the way Strats feel, and I'm really getting into the single coil pickups.

I am not going to get rid of my LP ever, so I hope you guys will still keep me around.

This is NOT a going away thread

I just had to let this out... it feels better

I have my eye on a 79 Anniversary Strat with a rosewood fingerboard.... If I acquire it' date=' she will be the first Fender I have ever owned[/quote']

I really like rosewood fingerboards, I don't care for maple as much. I am not really sure why...

White with rosewood... mmmm tasty [biggrin]

I think I like strats a bit more... but truth be told' date=' I don't really like the Fender Forum, I like this one better[/quote']

i know what you mean, iv'e tried to blend in over at the ibanez forum but for some reason i prefer this one...maybe i'm a snob :-k

Go for it. I picked this up last year as a NOS 1997 Fender American Start. Plays like a dream and great quality. As you can see from the pickguard I play the sh!t out of it. First Fender I ever owned. Now I'm looking at a nice Tele.

97stratcopy.jpg

Nathan, it's all about what works for you and is the best tool for the job. Comparing Fenders to Gibsons is comparing apples to oranges; both make great guitars that are totally different from each other. Truth be told, I tend to favor my Strat too. Now, what'll really send folks into a tizzy is that I just bought a Peavey guitar and it looks like it's going to end up being my main band guitar (replacing the Strat in that role).

You do what works for ya! There are so many good guitars on the market today' date=' it's really amazing compared to the 80s, when good guitars cost a lot of money (most of the time).

I guess I'm a bit on the opposite side - I'm getting more and more into Gibson.[/quote']

welcome to the forum :-k

Ha! That's nothing! Talk about changing principles: I'm turning into a pedal steel guy.

And I've been borrowing my dad's Tele more and more often now, and I'm loving it.

The guitars you like are the guitars you like--if you're into Strats now, that's you.

Strats are cool and they can be great. I mean, regardless of what guitar you're playing, you're playing the guitar, not the other way around.

Best regards

I'm not apologizing, just something I have come to realize, that I like my LP, but I don't love it. I am really digging the Strat sound, esp through a medium gain amp with some nice bite [-(

I had a Squier Strat, and I didn't like it that much, but now I have been playing Strats almost exclusively when I try stuff out at music shops. I have also been playing Teles a bit, and a 335. If only I had the money.... [lol]

If someone wants to donate roughly 5000 to me, I will PM you my address...

I hear you. They can produce some awesome tone if you get them set up just right.

I have my board set up just as I want it with the tube screamer for my Gibsons. Once I got the Strat I had to start messing with the settings to get the distortion right, then back again for the Gibsons. Ended up getting a MXR distortion + just for the Strat. Works out great now with killer tone.

There is nothing more comfortable than a Stratocaster' date=' and when one sounds and plays the way you want it to it's magic.

White with rosewood is the way to go, IMO.[/quote']

I found a used one for 699 at the gc by me, if I only had the cash [biggrin]

It is beautiful, it looks like the thing has never been played, no scratches on the pickguard, just a small red smudge on top of the guard, looks to be paint or something, not blood though

I'm going against the current here. I've never really enjoyed any strat I played. I have enjoyed G&L guitats, but not Fender Strats. I want to find that Strat neck pickup blues tone however, so I will have to find an alternative...

I own a Gibby Les Paul. I wouldn't mind an SG (R1 preferrably) and I'm seriously gas-ing for a Flying V. Oh, and a P90 Les Paul would be great as well. Nope, I'm a Gibson guy all the way.

But... whatever works better FOR YOU man![biggrin]

I think there is a guitar for every song, style or sound you are trying to accomplish. I love my Stratocaster but it does not do what my Explorer does and viceversa.

The one thing about Strats is the knob volume right below the bridge pickup, I hate it, some people love it.

I think there is a guitar for every song' date=' style or sound you are trying to accomplish. I love my Stratocaster but it does not do what my Explorer does and viceversa.

The one thing about Strats is the knob volume right below the bridge pickup, I hate it, some people love it.

[/quote']

I think I can cover most of my bases with the LP and the Strat, then hopefully get a 335 sometime, then I will be a happy camper

I started with Gibson, then bought a used Les Paul Recording and gigged it for years. Played a Strat some in the late '90's, and a Tele some around '05/06, but have gone full circle to just Gibsons, the Tele hasn't been gigged in years. I just hate the scale length now, and the buzzy/tinny single coils.

It takes all kinds, though.....

Archived