Gibson Brands Forums

I am infected! Turning to the dark side...

phil_104

Hey guys,

I have always concidered myself a les paul guys! ALWAYS. For 8 years, 2 humbuckers has been my thing, and I play my les paul every time I can. But something happened today....

I have been planning on getting a lp standard for some time. So I go guitar shopping, and try 4 different standards, and they do nothing for me. To refresh my hands, I ask the clerk if I can have a look at a firebird V. BAM! I felt perfect, just like comming home after a trip that lasted a little to long. I thought it was just that one, but I ask him to pass me another firebird Vand, BAM! The same feeling. Then the third one, and BAM!!!

What is happening to me guys? I don't know what it is, but for the first time in my life, the ultimate guitar might not be the les paul for me.....

What is wrong with me!!!!!!!!](*,)

Youre fine Phil!

Its still a Gibson. Leave the LP for a week or so' date=' then come back to her and see how you feel.

If you still dont feel the vibe, she can come leave with me.

btw...are you in Canada?[/quote']

Yeah, I am in Canada. I won't tell you wich store was 3 birds, but I will tell you I was in the Toronto region this weekend.

Happens to the best of us...

What you need to do is go take a walk through the "silverbursts" thread, then right to the "post your lp pics" thread, and then pic up a strat and play. Do that twice a day and dont touch any paul... 3 days of that and you will be fine.

What is happening to me guys? I don't know what it is' date=' but for the first time in my life, the ultimate guitar might not be the les paul for me.....

What is wrong with me!!!!!!!!:-$ [/quote']

Hey man, as long as it has "Gibson" on the headstock (and not by way of Chinese debauchery), you're welcome to play whatever model you like!

Firebirds kick ***, I'd get one but my wife won't let me get one, she claims they're ugly. I tried explaining that it's an Explorer with rounded edges, but she'll have none of it.

But no matter what, you'll always reach for a LP for studio use. Always.

This is the most frequently used weapon in my arsenal ... C'mon over to the dark side . We have Cool Aid .

IMG_0416.jpg

COOL AID!!!! what am i doing on the les paul forum?!

actually the firebird and the dg335 (or a trini lopez) are my favorite electric gibsons. i got the lp because i could afford it and it's a rock staple so i figured it'd be nice to have in the arsenal. i get some nice tones out of her so i'm very happy but the dg and the bird (along with that white jaguar. yep, i went there :) are always callin my name. my lp is my first love though and always will be though.

you know what, if you can afford it get the bird. they are wonderful instruments and heads will turn when you play it. Uh oh i'm the forums official G.A.S. enabler today. better not post anymore. O:)

btw nice bird AXE.

Nice choice!

I almost bought one, but ended up with a 335...completely different worlds, I know.

I found them to be top heavy, though. I played it sitting down and the head kept wanting to hit the floor.

I also read that the banjo tuners aren't the greatest...again, just something I read.

[quote name=

I also read that the banjo tuners aren't the greatest...again' date=' just something I read.[/quote]

Yeah ,,, But ... Start a full step down and slowly tune and all is right with the world .

This is my cenario...your sitting there, minding your own business, along comes some hot babe, Low cut top, short shorts, you can't take your eyes off her, she gives you the look, knowing in the back of your mind your wife would kill you...but you proceed anyways..and score..the next day you feel like $hit...and when reality smacks you in the head..your had the Best at home the whole time "Good Olde Les Paul"

This is my cenario...your sitting there' date=' minding your own business, along comes some hot babe, Low cut top, short shorts, you can't take your eyes off her, she gives you the look, knowing in the back of your mind your wife would kill you...but you proceed anyways..and score..the next day you feel like $hit...and when reality smacks you in the head..your had the Best at home the whole time "Good Olde Les Paul"[/quote']

See the problem you have with your scenerio is that it assumes the wife can't be a hot babe that looks good in a low cut top and short-shorts... To which I reply: MARRY WELL! +:-@

It's official forum brothers,

I played one of my friend's friend's firebird, for about 2 hours, lol, and as soon as I have the money, I am going down to that store and I am buying a firebird.

I seen them go for about 1850$ around here. Do any of you Ottawa or Ontario residents think that is a good price, or can I negociate you think?

Archived