Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - PRS

Tim Plains

Where's Silverbursted? I owe that SOB some money!

In my defence - completely unexpected. I took my 513 into the store for a setup and ended up buying a guitar. They gave me a good deal that involved trading in my LP Custom, which I've been hemming and hawing about getting rid of for some time now. So, I drove home, grabbed the LPs, drove back to the store & made the deal. They're also pulling the pickups/pots/caps out of my Custom (returning it to stock) and putting those parts in my Trad at no extra charge.

Beautiful sounding instrument.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

You keep killing me! I should get something out of this too for you doing this to me. That looks awesome. PRS discontinued the Custom 22; I'm not sure if they did it for just this year to make room for the 25th Anniversary Models. I think this will help their value though. Congratulations! Is that an amber top?

Well not to pick on him too much, but I cracked a joke in a thread about 2 weeks ago. I was thinking about getting a PRS and asked:

Should I do it? That's actually not my question. Yeah I know' date=' asking someone on a guitar forum "should I buy a new guitar?" is like asking Are Nine "will you buy another guitar this year?"[/quote']

to which I was called:

rocketd*ck

Hmm, I think as payback I should get to borrow all of Are Nine's PRS guitars until mine comes in....

^ that made you more of a rocketd*ck. [blink]

I thought PRS was just discontinuing all their known models for the 25th anniversary guitars but after seeing an interview with Paul, I think those models will be cut for a while...if not, for good. I don't think PRS discontinuing these guitars will help with their value any. There's just too many out there. I think mine's Amber...not 100% sure, though. Any update as to when you're getting your C24?

Jack, the Custom was great but the LPs I've bought since are better.

I barely played it; so, why keep it, right? Besides, I'm sure I'll own another one day.

Just making room for a '57 Custom. [biggrin]

Silverbursted, two PRS? :-

PM me your Paypal details.

If that $5 is going towards your next guitar, you have to carve my initials into the back of it. [biggrin]

Otherwise, just have a beer on me.

Dub-T, yes, the Silverburst.

Silverbursted' date=' two PRS? [crying

PM me your Paypal details.

If that $5 is going towards your next guitar, you have to carve my initials into the back of it. :-

Otherwise, just have a beer on me.

LOL, it was all in fun anyway, but I will raise a glass in honor of your new axe. I really love the all rosewood necks, stunning!!!

Dub-T, it's solid Indian rosewood. So's the other C22 I have.

Silverbursted, $5 won't break the bank.

A bet's a bet. If you want a free beer, let me know. :-

...but the rose wood in the back...just looks...weird.

Feels great - almost like playing an unfinished neck. Worth trying out.

Archived