Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Deluxe?

sw001

Hey -

Sorry if this is obvious, but I can't find any information on Gibson's website about the Les Paul Studio Deluxe. Looking at Guitar Center's website, it is a bit more expensive then a Studio, with different pickups it seems. Can anyone shed any more light on it? The finishes look a bit nicer then the LP Studio as well, at least from the photos.

I'm looking to upgrade to an American made guitar from my Mexican Strat, and really would like to get a Les Paul. I've enjoyed playing with my brothers Les Paul Faded. I'm just not sure of the differences in how the Les Pauls sound as you move up in the line from the Faded to the Studio to the Studio Deluxe?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting a Les Paul.

I bought one in Oct. I had a worn cherry studio but just wasn't bonding with it. It just always felt unfinished to me so I sold it. Saw the Studio Deluxe in my local GC and after playing her I couldn't put her down. I love the 60's neck and the split coils are a nice feature. I love the vintage burst just a beautiful guitar all around.

IMG_0644-1.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

Nice guitar cookieman. Do the split coils make a large difference? My local GC doesn't have the Deluxe in stock unfortunately, so I can't compare unless I have them order one in. 60s neck thinner then the default Studio?

Yes thinner neck than usual which I love cause i'm an old strat guy originally. I know diehard gibby lovers that don't care for the 60s neck but I love it. The split coils are a nice addition to the arsenal. You can really get some tele like tones from it which makes it a pretty versatile guitar. And the fact that she looks hot.

cookieman - really nice studio you've got there. Great looking burst and finish.

And you're other guitars are stunning too <drool>

Quite a collection. :-k

Thanks BK. Looks like I may have to sell a few of my 14 because my youngest son is getting married this year.

It won't be any of the 4 in my sig though, I can assure you of that.

• 4 months later...

best studio on the market in my opinion...and the most for your money... (coil taps, 60s slim neck, BBpro and 490r pu's, Grade A wood, instead of grade C, deluxe finishes...) I love this guitar, and it plays 10x better then my buds 1998 Standard

To my knowledge there have only been 400-600 studio deluxe models produced.., the heritage cherry may be sold out, but dont hold me to it

28350_1471996247839_1471628963_1172670_6108721_n.jpg

Archived