Gibson Brands Forums

Famous SG Players

GibsonSGGuy

Ace Frehley used an EDS on Sure Know Something, Jimmy Page played an EDS in Stairway to Heaven, Elliot Easton from The Cars played various SG models and has his own Signature Series SG, Don Felder from the Eagles played an EDS on Hotel California, Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters has played SG's, Warren Haynes from Gov't Mule has played SG's,

Eric Johnson played an SG on the Art of Guitar DVD, Carl Perkins played an SG, Kieth Richards of the stones has played an SG, Rich Robinson from the Black Crows played an SG on occasion, Paul Stanley has played an SG, Mick Taylor from the Stones played an SG at times, JoeWalsh has played EDS's, and Zakk Wylde has a black EDS and a Custom SG.

If I can come up with more, I will post them.

Shawn

• 10 years later...
On 2/1/2010 at 4:59 AM, sellen said:

Knut schreiner alias euroboy of turbonegro use sg sometimes. A great guitarist and a great live band, Have any of you heard about them? Joe bonamassa have used it on some albums

Yup. Saw them a few times back in the day.  "Party animals" is my favorite Turbonegro album. By far. 

Edited by Pinch

On 4/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, Mario Padilla said:

John Cipollina -Quicksilver Messenger Service

If you're going to bring back a 10 year old thread you should at least read the whole thread.

this guy is mentioned on the first page

• Like 1

7 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Yeah?

Why indeed then 🤔

Why no lawsuit or why did he play a fake one? The top pic is a real SG (Roxy) the bottom is a fake (Baby Snakes).

FZ.jpg.fc0040ac85eab1c4c49dc99a4292d095.jpg

FZZ.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1