Gibson Brands Forums

What's you're dream SG?

AS90

I would have to say a vintage SG. I have absolutely loved every vintage sg jr I have laid hands on but its not justifiable in my case. If it were to be stolen, lost, or damaged I would be devastated. Not to mention if I owned it, it would be my only guitar...

Well I'll be....I can log on!

Anyhoot ditto with Space Pup, except mine's your everyday cherry color. My second one would be a Classic and was thinking of getting one too, love them P-90's, but got a Gretsch for Christmass and now I think I'm becoming a hollow body guy.......either way my '61RI is definitely my dream SG.

Raf

Hmmmmmmm' date=' you do bring up an interesting point Ouijays. A white 3 pickup SG custom would be a very sweet addition to any collection.

Good Luck! When you get it be sure to post some pix.[/quote']

thats sure man, i like a lot the standard custom too...but man...white 3 pkups with vibrola..gold hardware......is just love!!! :>

my dream sg is the one i own right now...the only one sg 61 reissue!!(after i sold my ebony and cherry red sg standard)

and the reissue gives me the real essence of the gibson sg, no offense to other model owner, but after you play it, you will love it and wont look any other guitar but the gibson sg 61 reissue..."ONLY GIBSON SG 61 REISSUE IS GOOD ENOUGH"

Yep, I'd have to say that I have my dream SG. 37 year old mahogany, Seymour Duncan 59 in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck, schaller tuners, les paul style bridge...it even has les paul pots in it now. It just needs refinished...badly. Lots of finish checking, a couple of dings here and there (adds character, I say). Definitely my favorite guitar.

2518013679.jpg

Archived