Gibson Brands Forums

Hardcase question

GibsonSGGuy

If you must leave it on, you may be able to squeeze it inbetween the back of the body (on the neck side) and the case.

Of course any buckle on the strap will destroy your finish.

Just take it off. It's pretty easy to do.

Once it's off you can roll it up and put it in one of the cutaways or toss it in the booby hatch.

Well sometimes when I'm jamming at my friends house with a strap I just unhook the strap on the neck bit and put it in my case with the strap hanging out the bottom of the case. I always latch at least one latch in case it gets picked up too.

Really no way around it that I know of.

Well sometimes when I'm jamming at my friends house with a strap I just unhook the strap on the neck bit and put it in my case with the strap hanging out the bottom of the case. I always latch at least one latch in case it gets picked up too.

Really no way around it that I know of.

Best answer [biggrin]! Thanks!

I tried putting those quick release strap locks on my sg one time and they stripped the wood on the bottom strap pin. I had to put a flat head screw in to keep my strap pin on.

What i think happened was putting the original screw in stripped it after the quick release screws were too small.

Never store a guitar long term with a strap, particularly with it laying against the finish. The strap may give off gasses that can badly damage the finish. Same with any other plastic or treated accessory, like cords, etc. Take everything out of the case and put it in a labelled, sealed bag. Store the guitar in the case by itself.

Never store a guitar long term with a strap' date=' particularly with it laying against the finish. The strap may give off gasses that can badly damage the finish. Same with any other plastic or treated accessory, like cords, etc. Take everything out of the case and put it in a labelled, sealed bag. Store the guitar in the case by itself. [/quote']

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

What he said...

T21

Since you've all seemed to reach a conclusion, might I just lend the thread for a while?

I'm looking at different hardcases for my SG, since I've noticed that the gig bag I have is completely soaked after being out in even light snow for a couple of minutes. I basically need a durable but light hardcase (preferably Gibson-style) that doesn't cost too much (it doesn't have to be a Gibson, I just fancy the design). What would you recommend?

I have a rectangular tweed hardcase made out of wood that weighs a ton, and since band practice is approx. 40 minutes away from home, I'd much rather like a lighter case. It needs to be able to go on buses without being completely destroyed by vibrations and bumps.

Oh, and I'm planning on ordering from www.thomann.de, if that impacts your desicions.

Since you've all seemed to reach a conclusion' date=' might I just lend the thread for a while?

I'm looking at different hardcases for my SG, since I've noticed that the gig bag I have is completely soaked after being out in even light snow for a couple of minutes. I basically need a durable but light hardcase (preferably Gibson-style) that doesn't cost too much (it doesn't have to be a Gibson, I just fancy the design). What would you recommend?

I have a rectangular tweed hardcase made out of wood that weighs a ton, and since band practice is approx. 40 minutes away from home, I'd much rather like a lighter case. It needs to be able to go on buses without being completely destroyed by vibrations and bumps.

Oh, and I'm planning on ordering from www.thomann.de, if that impacts your desicions.[/quote']

This style of stuff is typically very light, its a molded plastic not wood. But if your like me the look leaves something to be desired.

http://www.thomann.de/se/gator_gcsg_guitar_pvc_case.htm

This seems to be the best I could find on the site, for an affordable price, and it looks just like the gibson cases.

http://www.thomann.de/se/rockcase_rc10702bct_sbsg.htm

Remember gibson cases are made by TKL case company from canada, so get a TKL sg case and your getting a gibson case without the logo. And different interior color of course.

Archived