Gibson Brands Forums

New pickguard for my Hummingbird

michaeldk

I have just recieved my new Pickguard(the bird was worn off)

But I`ve decided not to change it. The new one is much too "new" it dosen`t fit with the guitar, you can tell that it`s been played hard.

Just wanted to share it with you guy`s.

Have a nice summer

Michael

I have just recieved my new Pickguard(the bird was worn off)

But I`ve decided not to change it. The new one is much too "new" it dosen`t fit with the guitar' date=' you can tell that it`s been played hard.

Just wanted to share it with you guy`s.

Have a nice summer

Michael[/quote']

Thanks for the update. Aren't "new" pickguards supposed to look new? O:)

I was thinking of changing out the 60's style pickguard on my J-50 for one like they put on the J-45. Where do you get them and will the J-45 style fit properly on my J-50? I will need to do it soon, so there will be no color difference on the top.

I was thinking of changing out the 60's style pickguard on my J-50 for one like they put on the J-45. Where do you get them and will the J-45 style fit properly on my J-50? I will need to do it soon' date=' so there will be no color difference on the top.[/quote']

I would think it should fit. You can either contact a Gibson dealer to see about ordering one, or this place sells pickguards that they claim will fit.

http://securityassuredsites.com/cgi-bin/guitargal/commerce.cgi?product=Accessories!Pickguards&cart_id=1208885945.601

Archived