Gibson Brands Forums

LP pickup help

GuitarPraise

Hello,

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Classic that I really like. It was a gift and really like the action and overall feel when playing for what it is. I would like a little more out of it though. I play in a mainstream rock and praise and worship band for my church. We play contemorary music and I have a nice pedalboard setup. I was thinking of switching the pickups to some nicer ones and from what i found some of the best are the Gibson '57 Classic Humbucker Pickup and the Gibson BurstBucker Pro Humbucker Pickup. I want to know what you guys recommend. I play rock, blues, jazz, funk and more. Effects- overdrive, compressor, delay etc. I've read reviews of guys with lower end LP that put these pickups in and say it sounds great. Just want some opinions. Thanks!

You can't go wrong with either one. The '57 Classics are great, I have them in my Gibson LP. You can get a variety of sound from rock crunch(bridge pup) to bluesy tones with the neck pickup or both pickups on. Definitely a step up from Epiphone pickups. The Burstbuckers have a little less output but are still very good pickups.

I see this was you first post here, so welcome aboard and please post some pictures of your guitars.

Archived