Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Birthday Murph.

Murph

Can I sleep on your couch?........

Sure! Don't forget to bring a down comforter that is good for -40celsius' date=' a toque, down jacket, ski gloves, and get a block heater installed in your truck, or you'll never survive up here! [crying Think 'North To Alaska' ......

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Karen...

Yeah, every time I think it's chilly here, I remember it's chillier north and east in that odd oval of arctic air that usually - but not always - misses where I'm living now.

Still, yup on the engine heater and apparel. I've probably got more weight in "winter disaster gear" in the Jeep than stuff I'd carry on a summer vacation. <grin>

As for sleeping on a couch...

Remember the old blues/folk thing everybody did "Make Me Up a Pallet on your Floor?" Different words from different folks and I doubt it was even all that original with Mississippi John Hurt.

m

Sure! Don't forget to bring a down comforter that is good for -40celsius' date=' a toque, down jacket, ski gloves, and get a block heater installed in your truck, or you'll never survive up here! [biggrin'] Think 'North To Alaska' ......

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Hehehe....i would bet 80% of the people on this forum don't know what a toque is (without Googling it)....

[crying] Brrrrrr!!!!! It's cold here tonight too!

Karen...

Yeah' date=' every time I think it's chilly here, I remember it's chillier north and east in that odd oval of arctic air that usually - but not always - misses where I'm living now.

Still, yup on the engine heater and apparel. I've probably got more weight in "winter disaster gear" in the Jeep than stuff I'd carry on a summer vacation. <grin>

As for sleeping on a couch...

Remember the old blues/folk thing everybody did "Make Me Up a Pallet on your Floor?" Different words from different folks and I doubt it was even all that original with Mississippi John Hurt.

m

[/quote']

Milod, the first thing I'm doing when I buy the SUV is load it up with emergency equipment because when the weather's bad here, it takes AMA as much as 4 to 6 hours before they can rescue us! With the mountains we get the worst and the best of it, the best being these great Chinooks that come in for a few days when everyone else is freezing their yingyang off. I do know that pallet song.... Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings do that song (really well) :-)

Gee Karen...

I figured you were too young to know the song...

When I was 18-20 it was pretty much a song that had the sorta reality reflected in everyday life. <grin>

Actually if I don't need a parka hood, mostly I have a cupla heavy felt hats that have most of the starch outa the brims. If it gets really chilly I've some "hat earmuffs" or sometimes the old line camp "doo-fer" of a scarf. The brim keeps snow outa your eyes, at least kinda.

If the hood's needed, then an Elmer Fudd hat under the hood. I really like a brim when it's blowing snow as long as it's not much colder than your -40C. If you've gotta use the snorkel hood... I hope it ain't blowin' too bad. Actually this winter it's been what, maybe -31-32 C, so my winter stuff is still in the closet.

Birthday Murph... groundhog birthday...

It's great to hear a picker kinda pickin' up again. I think as long as it isn't overdone (which a lotta us have done), it's even good for your health. A bit of exercise and a positive attitude (mostly.)

In fact... I can't think of a much better birthday present...

m

Archived