Gibson Brands Forums

ordering a custom guitar.

harmonicchaos

okay guys as some of you may know, i am a HUGE fan of the dg335 and after playing one i have to say it is my favorite gibson electric. i'm not going to be able to afford it during its regular run and i really don't want to go through evilbay. my question is - can you custom order a trini lopez/ dg335 through gibson? if you can- how much do you think that would cost? i mean i wouldn't want the signature or anything on it but i really love the firebird headstock paired with the 335 body. it sounds and looks wonderful.

Well the cost is mute since Gibson no longer does one off orders anymore. I believe it's been discussed in another thread here somewhere, that Gibson only does custom builds for large quantity orders. Gibby has said they may start taking orders again in the future, but they didn't know when.

...but I'll bet it wouldn't be cheap!

^when i was @ sweetwater i saw the prices that sweetwater (and probably most other dealers) pays for a few of the instruments and for example the modern classic dove which lists there for 2899.99 they buy for 1900 dollars. so that's a 1,000 dollars savings direct. i was just figuring that would maybe apply to something like this. you're probably right though.

^when i was @ sweetwater i saw the prices that sweetwater (and probably most other dealers) pays for a few of the instruments and for example the modern classic dove which lists there for 2899.99 they buy for 1900 dollars. so that's a 1' date='000 dollars savings direct. i was just figuring that would maybe apply to something like this. you're probably right though.[/quote']

If that was the case, we'd ALL be bloody buying from Gibson direct for that kind of wholesale price!

Archived