Gibson Brands Forums

If?

Murph

If I'm offended' date=' by a band, trying to offend me, and I take offense, who is wrong?

I mean, really. They went to a lot of work and expense to offend me, so if I was offended, and, I don't know, maybe drove a truck down to their concert and popped one of them in the head with a steel pipe......

Is that bad?

Did they not ASK me to pop them in the head?

Really?

They should have NOT been so Un-American.......

Just sayin'......[/quote']

Just as another alternative...should I be offered a gift which I do not wish to accept, I politely decline the gift and acknowledge the thoughtfulness. It is the same with an offense or insult. Unless I accept the offense, it isn't mine; it still belongs to the original owner. I generally choose to not be offended. This is particularly true and effective in cases where I am aware that someone wishes to deliberately offend me. The more I refuse to be offended, the less satisfying it is for the owner of the offense. It is theirs to keep. It's even very satisfying to thank them for their thoughtfulness. It's the right thing to do.

That, my friend, is power. [cool]

Just sayin'

Okay.....

I'm sorry you Euro Fags have a problem with the American violence.....

Bite me.......

I was going through the thread with a smile on my face' date=' with a positive & humourous attitude and was ready to post a ''kinda funny'' comment like: ''It's the judge that you will have all the explaining to do, not us...''' and then I saw this...

I guess it really takes a REAL man to measure his manhood by the arms he carries around and the length of his shotgun...

:-

[biggrin]

[crying]

I was going through the thread with a smile on my face' date=' with a positive & humourous attitude and was ready to post a ''kinda funny'' comment like: ''It's the judge that you will have all the explaining to do, not us...''' and then I saw this...

[b']I guess it really takes a REAL man to measure his manhood by the arms he carries around and the length of his shotgun...

[/b]

[cool]

:-&

[bored]

He said Euro-***! [crying]

Let me repeat this:

Beating Ted Nugent = BAD (he won't even give you the opportunity' date=' anyway.)

Beating Bono = GOOD (who's gonna stop you?)[/quote']

Hey. Be nice. [biggrin]

(And if you'd been to the part of Ireland he grew up in, you might weigh your chances a bit more carefully. He might raise an objection or two himself.)

Just as another alternative...should I be offered a gift which I do not wish to accept' date=' I politely decline the gift and acknowledge the thoughtfulness. It is the same with an offense or insult. Unless I accept the offense, it isn't mine; it still belongs to the original owner. I generally choose to not be offended. This is particularly true and effective in cases where I am aware that someone wishes to deliberately offend me. The more I refuse to be offended, the less satisfying it is for the owner of the offense. It is theirs to keep. It's even very satisfying to thank them for their thoughtfulness. It's the right thing to do.

That, my friend, is power. [cool

Just sayin'

+1 [biggrin]

Archived