Gibson Brands Forums

What SG guitar is your "Gotta Have it" SG?

LPDEN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know' date=' but I gotta have more...[/quote']

You'd have to build another one of your storage cabinets, Tim! How about a 2-fer! I'd love one of those! But there's the distance issue.....

I already have Mine' date=' Gibson Custom Shop Tony Iommi Signature SG! Stirling Silver Cross Inlays, Bound Ebony Fretboard, 61' Body and Neck, red hot Tony Iommi Pickups. What more could you want?[/quote']

any pics?

I already have mine.

My gotta have it SG is the Gordie Johnson signature SG with P-94s and a huge headstock. Kick ***!

Have any of you listened to Grady or Big Sugar? If not you owe it to yourselves to hear this guy's tone.

I already have mine.

My gotta have it SG is the Gordie Johnson signature SG with P-94s and a huge headstock. Kick ***!

Have any of you listened to Grady or Big Sugar? If not you owe it to yourselves to hear this guy's tone.

Gotta pic?

Dont hurt me guys...

Im LP man' date=' but if I had to choose an SG to call my own it would be the white guitar that

Mike Nesmith played in the 1968 movie "Head"

3 pups and that gorgeous white finish...[/quote']

Haven't seen it, guessing a Cuatom?

I posted these in another thread a while ago...

nesmithsg2.JPG

Monkees+Norwood.jpg

Yep, SG Custom w/Maestro... The Historoc versions are great examples of the vintage. Alot more playable to than some of the vintage SG Customs I have seen oveer the recent years...

• 4 months later...

Still getting used to my new Fireburst Supreme, only had for 4 about weeks but the verdict is in - I love it. It plays like nothing else I've ever picked on. The playability is second only to the looks - it's gorgous. The 57's are a great fit, but i had to lower mine a little, too close to the string, giving it too hot a signal & cutting down a little on the sustain - which is great coming from the maple top.

It's no '61 reissure, but it is one to consider.

That's easy...it'd be a early-to-mid-60's "Historic" reissue SG Standard with the following features:

1) Proper front-view body outline

2) Authentic-looking beveling/contouring/horn-tapering

3) TRUE "Cherry" non-faded/non-aged Red finish (or I'd settle for a Pelham Blue one...lol), with the right amount of wood filler/sealer and actual finish and clear coat so it's not going to look all orange-peely or sink into the wood grain

4) Chrome Hardware (so I can play it without mucking up the hardware like I do with nickel)

5) Tone Pros Klusons or Grover tuners

6) Nylon saddle bridge (with a roller-saddle bridge to be added by me later for performances)

7) Burstbucker Pro pickups

8) Maestro Vibrola (duh)

9) Straplocks

10) My name on the truss rod cover =P~

Actually I can do without 9 and 10, but the other stuff's a no-brainer.

H-Bomb

Archived