Gibson Brands Forums

What SG guitar is your "Gotta Have it" SG?

LPDEN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a '61 Reissiue! My review says it all.

Heh..heh... All that I have posted about :-&

I have to agree with Space Pup... I LOVE the 61 Reissue..but I'd love an ORIGINAL. I have my guitar teacher who has a 62 I am lusting after O:) But I am sure I have to wait in line to even get a chance at having it bestowed to me.

I love the tapered neck, slimmer body style and the lighter weight. Sigh.... So nice a fit in my hands.

I have a SG Goddess with practically the same size, weight and dimensions but try as she may, she is not the same.O:)

JenCiv

Older '61 Reissue with ABR-1.

Like this one?

sg61a.jpg

sg61b.jpg

Now that I don't have my SG STD anymore, it gave me a

GOOD reason to buy this one. It's 2001 (or was it 2002) SG 61 RI with ABR.

The color is a bit more brown than shown in the pics.

Love the sound of 57s on this through Marshall JCM.

They lack the crunch that I'm used to (all my Gibsons got 498t/490r),

but the clean sound is just so awesome!

That's a nice one T50!!!

My '98 SG Standard has an ABR-1 as well - so Gibson must have been making most SG's (that or I got lucky?) that way in late 90's early 2000's... ??

BTW - cool cases - I have the same style - brown with pink lining. Definitely cool in a retro sort of way. :D

cheers

That's a nice one T50!!!

My '98 SG Standard has an ABR-1 as well - so Gibson must have been making most SG's (that or I got lucky?) that way in late 90's early 2000's... ??

BTW - cool cases - I have the same style - brown with pink lining. Definitely cool in a retro sort of way. :D

cheers

MI_Canuck

I just saw your new SG on the other thread. Nice!!!

I like the brown case better that the new black ones.

I like the LPs and SGs from the 90s. Good quality and

good price with better case.

The brown cases are better made. Even the new

custom cases are pieces of junk.

BTW, my wife almost had a heart attack when she

saw me walking through the door with a brown guitar

case. She knew what that meant... a new Gibson! :D

That Nez photo is great. I got to hang out for the day at Nez's ranch in the Monterey, CA area when I published a magazine he granted a rare cover story interview to in 2003. Mike's just brilliant. Super nice cat. At the time, my little girl was 10, and had a little girl crush on Monkee-era Mike. So she was all aflutter when I told her I was going to his home. I came back with a photo of me and him together. She looked at it, looked at me, and said, "Uh, is that, um, is uh... is that his daddy?"

Hard for her to reckon the impact of almost 40 years since the Monkees. :D/

Mike's favorite guitar from Gibson was an old J200, btw, which somebody screwed up when they were supposed to be fixing it. I should drop him a line now that I'm back at Gibson to see if he wants to get that thing fixed. Sure was cool to hang with him though. I don't think he had that SG anymore, at least he didn't mention it if he did, and I surely didn't miss a chance to ask him about his guitars. :)

Yep' date=' SG Custom w/Maestro... The Historoc versions are great examples of the vintage. Alot more playable to than some of the vintage SG Customs I have seen oveer the recent years...[/quote']

Any original Les Paul/SG WITHOUT a broken headstock! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SG '61 re-issue historic, 1972 Strat,1989 Custom Shop Tele,1973 P-Bass,1977 Guild D-50, 1966 Emmons D-10 pedal steel,2000 Emmons Le Grande D-10 pedal steel,MSA Classic D-10 pedal steel, Fender '65 Twin Reverb, Peavey Renown 400 1-15" (2), Peavey Combo 300 Bass

Sad thing I used to own it' date=' but sold it many years ago. This was a 71 SG/Les Paul. Gold Hardware, loved the guitar.

[img']http://a114.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_4f0773a3cb5fe5751bff45cb71906089.jpg[/img]

Aw, Cute kid! Wicked SG!

So.... I just bought my dream Gotta-have-it guitar TODAY!

Here is my soon to be arriving 61' Reissue Custom Shop SG in Silver Sparkle. Yes, I think I have died and gone to heaven. I am trying not to think of the pain my pocket book is in right now...no sireeeeeeee. =D>

01d4_3.jpg

c555_3.jpg

d25d_3.jpg

diablo....and I got it on the way. 'Sall glam but I it ate at me til I pulled the trigger+:-@

Got an 80 sg firebrand mahogany for my boy's 24th Bday and 10th anniversary as a guitarist. He loves plain jane players and I really think this thing this fit the bill. I was thinkin goin the walnut but Im sure the weight wouldnt be worth the added tone.

I'm not fussy. This is all the SG I'll ever need. 2004 '61 reissue. I had a Tony Iommi pup in the bridge at one time but now I have a 57 Classic Plus. I had the Tony Iommi Signature SG regular production model but I rarely played it and recently traded it.

SGcase.jpg

I wouldn't mind having the Les Paul/SG around the donkey's neck on the Stones "Get Your Ya-Yas Out" album!

That would be Mick Taylor's beauty...as long as you don't go yankin' the Bigsby off in favor of a stoptail! If I'm not mistaken that's either a '63 or '64 and the Bigsby was factory installed (sort of a rare bird to say the least). I always admired Taylor (even though I love Ronnie...he and I share birthdays), and that SG was one of the ones that got me hooked on wanting one.

H-Bomb

Archived