Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom: Sunburst -or- Natural

LPDEN

i think i am the only LP player alive who doesnt like the look of the Custom [-X

Nope . Too Gawdy .

Single Binding . clean headstock , shear elegance . All those do dads don't make em play ir sound any better .

I've never bought one because of the color . I'ts all about the feel and tone ...

You will never see or hear me say "ooooh pretty I'll take it " n.o.p.e.O:)

Both very nice pieces though

I'm always biased towards natural wood guitars. Natural for me

That's my bias too. After all it's all wood under there and the grain on wood guitars is part of their beauty. What I like about the Natural is it's a factory natural, not something someone sanded down. Also it seems (from the sources I checked with so far) that the Natural finish was also a lower production compared to the 'bursts, black, and cherry finishes. They weigh a TON, but oh do they ROCK! Despite this period of Pancaked bodies, it's a very appealing guitar to me. I can see why 70's LP's are finally catching on and going up a bit more in value.

Nope . Too Gawdy .

Single Binding . clean headstock ' date=' shear elegance . All those do dads don't make em play ir sound any better .

I've never bought one because of the color . I'ts all about the feel and tone ...

You will never see or hear me say "ooooh pretty I'll take it " n.o.p.e.+:-@

Both very nice pieces though [/quote']

Yes, they're are plenty of those plaine janes out there too. I have several non-customs in the mix already to fill that gap, but only one other LPC.

As for "pretty", that's not the reason for the poll. As mentioned above "(Both sound great)", so the poll is all things being equal - sound and feel; Which finish would you choose?

Damn...I like both!

Yes, These 32 year-old guitars do look and sound nice for their age. Best part is I was happy to find them both in original/unmolested condition in their original cases. But I realize some people don't go for LP's after '68 or before the current "Golden Age"...

The bear likes the burst' date=' paws down.[/quote']

I'm leaning towards the natural at the moment, but haggling on each. Both are still condenders... I suppose I'll have to grin and bear it.... +:-@

I'm also a sucker for all things natural. However' date=' the burst is very impressive also.[/quote']

So which one did you vote for?

By the way, these just two are among several other electrics I am considering....

Archived