Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got any new pics playing?

larryp58

I haven't played in a band for ages, but here are a couple of me playing.

This is the most recent. I was at a gathering in MN of members from the Acoustic Guitar Forum and was playing another members Martin in this I think...

Paul_AGF_shot.jpg

And here is me playing my trustee old Taylor 612C at a wedding for a friends daughter awhile ago.

IMG_8503edited.jpg

But normally, I don't dress so nice and this is how you will see me when I am having fun!

PaulBeas1t.jpg

And here is me playing my trustee old Taylor 612C at a wedding for a friends daughter awhile ago.

How do you like that Maple back? I've been considering a GS6 series, but every one I've played lacks a certain projection, unlike the Maple-backed Gibsons with which I'm familiar.

How do you like that Maple back? I've been considering a GS6 series' date=' but every one I've played lacks a certain projection, unlike the Maple-backed Gibsons with which I'm familiar.[/quote']

I personally love it but it is a somewhat different animal than todays Taylors. The same model of mine today GC6 is short scale, mine is a full 25.5", mine is the pre-NT slim carve neck that I love more than any other neck on a guitar I have and unfortunatlely they can only come close with a Build to Order (custom) slim carve request. As for projection, that little Grand Concert literally vibrates in my hands and against my chest even when fingerpicking. The sound seems to explode out of the soundhole. Every person that plays it comments on how amazing it sounds, especially for such a small body guitar. I have to think I got a great one when I purchased it new 16+ years ago. Over the years, that guitar has developed a magical voice that I have yet to find in any other Taylors I try (and trust me, I try all the time). That is likely why I love my Gibsons. They have that mellow, yet exploding tone out of the box and still continue to get better over time. I have played a couple GS6 style guitars and really do like the sound, but I still prefer the GC size.

Paul....do you still have that Taylor Koa guitar???

I personally love it but it is a somewhat different animal than todays Taylors. The same model of mine today GC6 is short scale' date=' mine is a full 25.5", mine is the pre-NT slim carve neck that I love more than any other neck on a guitar I have and unfortunatlely they can only come close with a Build to Order (custom) slim carve request. As for projection, that little Grand Concert literally vibrates in my hands and against my chest even when fingerpicking. The sound seems to explode out of the soundhole. Every person that plays it comments on how amazing it sounds, especially for such a small body guitar. I have to think I got a great one when I purchased it new 16+ years ago. Over the years, that guitar has developed a magical voice that I have yet to find in any other Taylors I try (and trust me, I try all the time). That is likely why I love my Gibsons. They have that mellow, yet exploding tone out of the box and still continue to get better over time. I have played a couple GS6 style guitars and really do like the sound, but I still prefer the GC size.

[/quote']

I've posted these before.....note, my head is missing.....lol.....I'm sure a lot of you will appreciate that....These are my first Youtube postings, Nodehopper recording it all....I just played. Recording is MORE than half the work....lol Next time I post I will use my L-20 Gibson....promise!!!

Paul....do you still have that Taylor Koa guitar???

Hi OWF....

I never had a Taylor Koa... although if one is found and nobody claims it' date=' I will most certainly take it! [blink

My Taylor 612C was the first Taylor I ever bought. I had never even heard of them when I first picked it up back in 1993 or 1994. Since then I have owned a beautiful 2003 Taylor 454-ltd 12 string (Grand Auditorium 12'r) that was Sitka/Rosewood, but I traded that for a Taylor T5 and then traded the T5 for my Gibson Advanced Jumbo a couple years ago. (The AJ ain't going anywhere!)

The one in the photo is my 1993 612C. I had the repair guy who was working for the Podium at the time install a Highlander UST pickup in which is still in there. Intrestingly enough that repair guy at the time happend to be no other than James Olson of Olson guitars! He also did the full setup on my Taylor when I bought it and it hasn't even needed a truss turn from me in over 16 years!!! I still play it daily if I can get it away from my daughter. She has somehow taken it into her head that the Taylor is hers since I bought it the year she was born. [blink] I say she can most certainly have it....... after she pulls it out of my cold dead hands! [confused] Matter of fact, she will likely be the one of my four kids to get all my guitars as she is the only guitar player in the bunch. My 3 boys all took to drums. (and hockey, lacrosse and soccer).

Here are some better photos of the guitar without the ugly mug holding it.

PICT3385.jpg

PICT3386.jpg

And one showing how nicely Gibson and Taylors get along. [confused]

BeautyBeastSmall.jpg

AcousticBackSmall1.jpg

And just to keep the thread on track... people posing with guitars...... My aforementioned daughter having some fun with my LG1.

KaitlinLG1-1.jpg

Paul....the father of a teenage daughter????? I hope you are sharpening your hunting knife and cleaning your shotgun, when those teenage boys come a-dating.....lol.....Which side of the family does she get her good looks from?>????

Hi OWF....

I never had a Taylor Koa... although if one is found and nobody claims it' date=' I will most certainly take it! :-$

My Taylor 612C was the first Taylor I ever bought. I had never even heard of them when I first picked it up back in 1993 or 1994. Since then I have owned a beautiful 2003 Taylor 454-ltd 12 string (Grand Auditorium 12'r) that was Sitka/Rosewood, but I traded that for a Taylor T5 and then traded the T5 for my Gibson Advanced Jumbo a couple years ago. (The AJ ain't going anywhere!)

The one in the photo is my 1993 612C. I had the repair guy who was working for the Podium at the time install a Highlander UST pickup in which is still in there. Intrestingly enough that repair guy at the time happend to be no other than James Olson of Olson guitars! He also did the full setup on my Taylor when I bought it and it hasn't even needed a truss turn from me in over 16 years!!! I still play it daily if I can get it away from my daughter. She has somehow taken it into her head that the Taylor is hers since I bought it the year she was born. [crying I say she can most certainly have it....... after she pulls it out of my cold dead hands! [biggrin] Matter of fact, she will likely be the one of my four kids to get all my guitars as she is the only guitar player in the bunch. My 3 boys all took to drums. (and hockey, lacrosse and soccer).

Here are some better photos of the guitar without the ugly mug holding it.

PICT3385.jpg

PICT3386.jpg

And one showing how nicely Gibson and Taylors get along. [biggrin]

BeautyBeastSmall.jpg

AcousticBackSmall1.jpg

And just to keep the thread on track... people posing with guitars...... My aforementioned daughter having some fun with my LG1.

KaitlinLG1-1.jpg

Paul....the father of a teenage daughter????? I hope you are sharpening your hunting knife and cleaning your shotgun' date=' when those teenage boys come a-dating.....lol.....Which side of the family does she get her good looks from?>????

[/quote']

Well from my earlier photos, you can guess it isn't me! Let's just say, I didn't marry for money, I married a beauty! [biggrin]

Actually, I married the girl next door. She moved in the house next to my parents the summer before I became a senior in High School. We started dating a couple years later and the rest is history. Going on 26 years of marriage in June this year.

As to my knifes and shotgun... no worries....They are sharp and clean! I am sure she can handle most situations as she played hockey for several years and was known to take a penalty or two (or three) as she was mostly defense and she was most concerned about protecting the goalie (her best friend) and I pity the guy who trys anything. On the other hand I have been known to make sure to let any guys that have looked interested that "I ain't afraid to go BACK to jail!" [biggrin]

Fun pics, all. Thanks for sharing them.

Here's a pic from today as I tried to lay down my

on my 1917 Dyer Style 7 harp guitar.

And, as long as we're on the wacky, here is my attempt to play

on my 1932 National style 1 tricone.

Hi TP--nice looking Martin you've got in the pic there. 00018?

I wish it was mine but it was a fellow AGF'rs guitar from our gathering we had a couple months ago. I believe you are correct on the model though. It was a really nice sounding guitar and made for a nice fingerstyle player. I like the sound of several Martins' date=' but just can't get past a V neck.

As to the comments about my ONLY daughter........ I meant what I said about not being afraid to go back to prison! [bored (Plus she has 3 very protective brothers who also are beasts on the hockey rink and lacrosse field. I think she will be safe.... :-$ )

But DOM and others, I think I MAY have a soft spot for guys who play guitar. That said, she is not going to date until she is 30 if I have anything to say about it.

M-R Gibs & me on stage - annual party of one bulgarian medical journal - "Forum Medicus"

I was (oh Dear!) introduced as a star... Would you believe that, folks...

Matter of fact M-R GIBS made his "head cutting" sound and there were some heads down on the floor!

P1142822.jpg

P1142816.jpg

Archived