Gibson Brands Forums

"The Best" Avatar

The G

Ok ,Who gets the vote for the best Avatar on the forum?

Not me , it's just a simple headstock shot of my SJ Woody Guthrie.

I kinda like Red 333 (Who is that artist again?)

Let the games begin ..........[thumbup]

Are you kidding? The awe-inspiring painted portrait of myself that I use as my avatar is the Undisputed Heavyweight Avatar Champion of the World! It was done from an actual photo using Paint Shop Pro 8.1 and Arcsoft Funhouse. All others pale in comparison. I should be elected to both the Gibson Hall of Fame and the Cowboy Hall of Fame simply on the basis of my forum avatar, LOL!

Cheers!

Rick...:- #-o[lol]

Yup' date=' I cast my vote for the lady with the nice.... [biggrin

guitar.

[biggrin]

Well my lady might not be as pretty as Amiee and she does have " a man hand" on the fretboard in the photo, but the guitar is just as beautiful if you ask me! [cool]

Here is my Avitar in larger form, followed by the actual photo that my avitar was created from... (by someone else, not me)

GibsonAJadv.jpg

draft_lens1552529module8234529photo.jpg

God knows, somewhere on the web. I think I did a pic search for 'banjo woman' in the vain hope that Bettie Page did a Mastertone ad in '55.

No such luck. Found this honey though. Bet she could shoot the squirrel right off a fencepost with open sights, clean it, cook it, and have it on the table before any of us got done our morning 'library break'.

Oubaas

The avatar I'm using now is me two years ago when we did a John Wayne thing with kid actors from the movie "The Cowboys" in town since this is the town they were driving the cattle to. Of course, the "kids" ain't exactly kids now.

Yes, that's a big lever carbine. Yes that's a single action. Yes, they're real. <grin>

m

Well my lady might not be as pretty as Amiee' date=' but the guitar is just as beautiful if you ask me! [cool']

You've got a point there. [biggrin]

That "old fashioned gal" really is something special...

And "ksdaddy":

I agree. If anyone has a recipe for squirrel stew, it's the woman in your avatar!

Archived