Gibson Brands Forums

This looks like a good deal

jannusguy

Is that some kind of secret' date=' Craigslist code I'm not hip to?

Red 333[/quote']

Nope. A genuine used battery for four bucks. The guy was just making a funny.

And besides, $4.00 for a 2005 Duracell is way too much. Everyone knows they stopped using genuine beeswax to seal the cells together in 2003. But I hear they're going to have Vintage Reissue Duracells with genuine beeswax and chrome plated terminals, not the crummy zinc blue of later years. They'll still have the modern line at the regular price but the Vintage Reissues will retail at about $26 for a 9V. There's some talk about pre-aging them for the relic look by letting them run in a vintage National Panasonic six transistor radio (with Civil Defense markings on the dial), then kicking it around a gravel parking lot for an hour. Quality control will be monitored by a third grade boy who will personally stick his tounge over the terminals of each one. Of course that will drive price up more.

When my grandfather passed away he left me his old smoke detector that has been in the upstairs hall for many years. Inside was an old Ray-O-Vac with no UPC code stamped on it but it does have a zip code on the company address, so that would date it sometime between 1963 and 1971. I'd like to sell.. .er, what I meant to say was that it has great sentimental value and I'd like to place a value on it for insurance purposes. Any idea what it might be worth?

Nope. A genuine used battery for four bucks. The guy was just making a funny.

Everyone knows they stopped using genuine beeswax to seal the cells together in 2003. But I hear they're going to have Vintage Reissue Duracells with genuine beeswax and chrome plated terminals' date=' not the crummy zinc blue of later years. They'll still have the modern line at the regular price but the Vintage Reissues will retail at about $26 for a 9V. [/quote']

In a couple of years, they'll issue an upgrade to the Vintage Reissue Duracell called the Masterful Recreation. This one uses Japan wax (which comes from berries and sumac) instead beeswax. Beeswax is a good substitute and all, but if you want a 9V that looks and performs like it was just found in a RadioShack stock room 52 years after it fell behind a file cabinet, Japan wax is the way to go.

Expect to pay $42 for these.

Red 333

Archived