Gibson Brands Forums

Any interest in a Gibson Get-together in N. California???

onewilyfool

Any of you N. California types like to get together with Gibsons and show and tell? A guitar Jam? A hootenanny? A reason to drink beer?????

I may be able to talk Nodehopper down from "them thar hills", maybe Anne and Rar.....DanvillRob come in from the valley???? Out of state-ers welcome. I think we need at least one guy to come over from England.....

This is an open letter, open for suggestions, locations, open mic suggestions....Recordings? Group pics for the forum. Of course we are open to Gibson offerning a guitar for a door prize, and open to any Beer company sponsors.....lol....Come on....this could be fun!!!!!

I'm a Carolina boy. Never been past the Mississippi River. I sure wish I could attend something like that! Sounds like a cool idea! I don't know if I would be a good fit for you "surfer dudes"!!! But I guess our Gibson guitars would be enough of a common interest for everyone to have a big time! Hell, if Jed Clampett can bust open Beverly Hills, I guess I would be well received! Only if I bring my guitar with me, huh?!!! Cool idea, Wiley!

This is an open letter' date=' open for suggestions, locations, open mic suggestions....[/quote']

Wily,

Here's a location suggestion: near a guitar dealer with a good selection of Gibson acoustics (new and/or used). Based on Gibson Homecoming experience, two of the best parts of the event will be (1) encouraging other attendees to buy guitars you know they want and (2) letting other attendees talk you into buying a guitar they know you want. (I think Tall Toad in Petaluma -- 42 used Gibsons in stock, according to their Website; not sure about new stock but they had some interesting stuff the last time I was there -- and Guitar Showcase in San Jose probably qualify, but I'm not sure where else in between does these days.)

-- Bob R

Bob...you are quite the enabler......lol......good suggestions.....and Maybe a sponsor? Let's keep those in mind.....By thw way, out of staters are welcome..... let's see how many are interested......

Wily' date='

Here's a location suggestion: near a guitar dealer with a good selection of Gibson acoustics (new and/or used). Based on Gibson Homecoming experience, two of the best parts of the event will be (1) encouraging other attendees to buy guitars you know they want and (2) letting other attendees talk you into buying a guitar they know you want. (I think Tall Toad in Petaluma -- 42 used Gibsons in stock, according to their Website; not sure about new stock but they had some interesting stuff the last time I was there -- and Guitar Showcase in San Jose probably qualify, but I'm not sure where else in between does these days.)

-- Bob R

[/quote']

Any of you N. California types like to get together with Gibsons and show and tell? A guitar Jam? A hootenanny? A reason to drink beer?????

I may be able to talk Nodehopper down from "them thar hills"' date=' maybe Anne and Rar.....DanvillRob come in from the valley???? Out of state-ers welcome. I think we need at least one guy to come over from England.....

This is an open letter, open for suggestions, locations, open mic suggestions....Recordings? Group pics for the forum. Of course we are open to Gibson offerning a guitar for a door prize, and open to any Beer company sponsors.....lol....Come on....this could be fun!!!!![/quote']

I can come in from the Bay Area.... but if I have to travel TO THE VALLEY, THEN come to San Jose or Concord Guitar Center, or where ever, it'll put extra miles on my car!

I'm about 30 miles from San Jose, maybe 6-7 miles from Concord. I doubt I'd go to San Francisco, but maybe!

Need to float some dates as my dance card is pretty full!!

if I have to travel TO THE VALLEY' date=' THEN come to San Jose or Concord Guitar Center, or where ever, it'll put extra miles on my car!

[/quote']

Maybe he meant the Livermore Valley.

I'm about 30 miles from San Jose' date=' maybe 6-7 miles from Concord.[/quote']

Do you by any chance live somewhere around ... Danville? 'Cause that would be quite a coincidence given your handle![biggrin]

-- Bob R

Maybe he meant the Livermore Valley.

Do you by any chance live somewhere around ... Danville? 'Cause that would be quite a coincidence given your handle![smile]

-- Bob R

Ha! I'll bet that's it! Before I moved to Danville, (16 years ago), I lived in Castro VALLEY!! Maybe he meant there?

Oh... and you know, it IS a coincidence that I actually DO live in Danville.... the only thing more strange would be if my name was "Rob" or "Robert", eh?

Do you by any chance live somewhere around ... Danville? 'Cause that would be quite a coincidence given your handle!:-

-- Bob R

Ha! I'll bet that's it! Before I moved to Danville' date=' (16 years ago), I lived in Castro VALLEY!! Maybe he meant there?

Oh... and you know, it IS a coincidence that I actually DO live in Danville.... the only thing more strange would be if my name was "Rob" or "Robert", eh?[/quote']

If by any chance you lived in Danville, were named Rob AND owned a Gibson Guitar or two ....that would be indeed an amazing coincidence and shocking!! [smile]

So someone needs to start the discussion of When ....Where...etc...etc..

I would say give it a couple months ...both for people to work it into thier schedules and so the rainy weather might be over for those of us driving. Feb and March in NoCal can be wet, but starting in April the chances of dry weather increase significantly. Then May and June tend to be some of the best weather before the heat starts in July.

If we pick a rough timeframe then maybe Rar with his excellent suggestion about the Gibby Dealers could contact them and see if there would be any support? Sorry Bob....no good idea goes unpunished! :-)

So someone needs to start the discussion of When ....Where...etc...etc..

I would say give it a couple months ...both for people to work it into thier schedules and so the rainy weather might be over for those of us driving. Feb and March in NoCal can be wet' date=' but starting in April the chances of dry weather increase significantly. Then May and June tend to be some of the best weather before the heat starts in July.

If we pick a rough timeframe then maybe Rar with his excellent suggestion about the Gibby Dealers could contact them and see if there would be any support? Sorry Bob....no good idea goes unpunished! :-)

[/quote']

May IS one of the nicest months in the Bay Area.... cool enough not to fry your brains, but not so cold that you have to wear mittens when you play!!

I'm up for it.... (well...not "up" like that!!!)

Node....will you help with recording duties as well as laying down a few tracks yourself?????

I can bring some gear for recording' date=' but depending on the situation...my gear is limited to one or two people max.

Besides .....shouldn't we have the motto: what happens at the Nor Cal Gibby Gathering ....stays at the Nor Cal Gibby Gathering! [biggrin[cool]

I second Rob's idea about selecting May. Would work for me as far as I know.

Archived