Gibson Brands Forums

How Crappy Gibson is to their customers

StorySellers

Dear Gibson Rep. hi my name is kris and i have bought a Limited edition 1st run robot. I purchased this guitar at a ;local SamAsh on november 17th. upon purchasin the guitar it seemed to have problems. it didnt want to start up and take a charge. So i sen the guitar back to you guys for repair. it took almost a month to return it. When it came back the Mck light up and then faded not to come on again. tried to charge it with the help of Samash technicians only to have the guitar fail again and not turn on or tune. So i sent the guitar back agian. On the third attempt back form you guys the guitar came on i took a charge and the i was rweady to go. after about a minute though i was tuning it stopped working again. Now bear in mind i never even go o leave the store where i purchased it. So the guitar AGAIN didnt take a charge and stopped working. So as we, the Great people at SamAsh tried to help but to no avail. Also too the MCK fell apart. And you guys not having the hindsight to give a repair tool for this , i had to once again send my guitar back a third time to Gibson. Now today on 2-5-2010 i received a clall to get my guitar back. Now thankfully after THREE yes 3 attempts to correct this problem, it finnaly starts to work. But i end up findiing that guitar now veery DEEP scrathes and gouges in the finish. Casued by the repair Gibson didi to it. Now my problem is i cant get anyone on Gibson end to give a darn about what has happened. I have lost value in this product now. it no longer can command a price of perfect becasue of what you did. I had plans to maybe one day give this guitar to my kids so they can have something of great value. Andi gettin told that it could cost up to 800 to 1000 dollars for repairs? I dont know but i need someone on your end to please help me aboutthis problem you uys GIbson might have a problem. If you can give me a real contact noyt this repair and restoration bs number youhve on your site. it would bein your best intrest.

First of all, this is a "customer" forum, there are no Gibson representatives here. As the "authorized" Gibson dealer, Sam Ash should be taking care of these problems for you, and I'm sure they're the ones who have been shipping it back and forth to Gibson, or at least telling you they did. If they were the "shipping agent" AND the ones who sent the guitar back to Gibson, THEY (Sam Ash) are responsible for any damage or unfixed problems with the guitar. Your best recourse is to demand a full refund of your original purchase price from Sam Ash. Just like when you buy a new car, when warranty problems occur, you don't take it back to the assembly plant, you take it back to your DEALER.

Second, if your going to post something in a public forum, especially expecting a company rep to read and reply, you need to proof read and spell check. You should at least appear to be somewhat educated and write with some sort of sentence structure, punctuation and capitalization. I hope you're not typical of the current state of the Florida school system.

The teacher in me is now going to red pencil your original post for your corrections.

Dear Gibson Rep. hi my name is kris and i have bought a Limited edition 1st run robot. I purchased this guitar at a ;local SamAsh on november 17th. upon purchasin the guitar it seemed to have problems. it didnt want to start up and take a charge. So i sen the guitar back to you guys for repair. it took almost a month to return it. When it came back the Mck light up and then faded not to come on again. tried to charge it with the help of Samash technicians only to have the guitar fail again and not turn on or tune. So i sent the guitar back agian. On the third attempt back form you guys the guitar came on i took a charge and the i was rweady to go. after about a minute though i was tuning it stopped working again. Now bear in mind i never even go o leave the store where i purchased it. So the guitar AGAIN didnt take a charge and stopped working. So as we, the Great people at SamAsh tried to help but to no avail. Also too the MCK fell apart. And you guys not having the hindsight to give a repair tool for this , i had to once again send my guitar back a third time to Gibson. Now today on 2-5-2010 i received a clall to get my guitar back. Now thankfully after THREE yes 3 attempts to correct this problem, it finnaly starts to work. But i end up findiing that guitar now veery DEEP scrathes and gouges in the finish. Casued by the repair Gibson didi to it. Now my problem is i cant get anyone on Gibson end to give a darn about what has happened. I have lost value in this product now. it no longer can command a price of perfect becasue of what you did. I had plans to maybe one day give this guitar to my kids so they can have something of great value. Andi gettin told that it could cost up to 800 to 1000 dollars for repairs? I dont know but i need someone on your end to please help me aboutthis problem you uys GIbson might have a problem. If you can give me a real contact noyt this repair and restoration bs number youhve on your site. it would bein your best intrest.

I'm sure I missed something, without even considering sentence structure.

I agree with the punctuation corrections. Still he is entitled to complete satisfaction. I would demand my money back or a suitable trade in return. Being uneducated does not mean a person isn't entitled to a quality product. If he or she pays the price for a new guitar, this person should expect it to work and look like a new guitar should look. That is what is expected with you, me or the person with the real problem.

Hey look man, I know how to write and spell. I should have mentioned that i did buy this from Gibson with a warranty. I should expect absolute quality when the Les Paul name is put on a guitar. So as to that this robot tech that they have now is very iffy. Its fun dont get me wrong, but after FOUR times back to Gibson for repairs. I mean i never had more than 24hrs of posession of the instrument. How in the world can you justify having something sent back FOUR times for the same problem? Then upon my final return they,Gibson in replacing my MCK on the guitar, gouged the hell out of my body with their tool that they used. Now how in the world is this samASh's is fault? Now granted it's working now, but becasue of their lack of quality control at Gibson, they sent me back a damaged guitar . I paid good money and had to have it shipped to Orlando. I lost some value in this peice. No longer can my children have a guitar that can be considered mint. Also, I didn't want a refund. I mean i would take my money but I don't want to give up the guitar. For the price i got a Les Paul Standard. i not stupid, so i had patient and allowed them to do there thing. but to have the guitar as much as they did and have it retuned like it was. I t a shame thats all.

I think it's sad that when someone has a problem with Gibson and how they handle "Their" cutomers complaints, some people on this site think the customer should be the ones to be pegged out. We all feel the need to be important to a MFG. when there product is defective. guitars are personal and express our emotions. unlike a car. just look at the Gibson ads. they no it's personal. Comming down on somones level of education has nothing to do with playing the guitar. I might guess that some of the most famous rock & blues r&b, players were not highly educated. It made no difference,they sure could play.

Gibson is ultimitly responcable for the damage they do , I to have my own stories,which i won't get into. I just seems like sometimes one has to push

Gibson into doing what they say. All that case candy. One might try reading the warranty and guarantee. Don't get me wrong Gibson can and does

make good guitars. The CS can put out some of (imho) the nicest guitars for the money.

The person was venting their problems, maybe in the wrong place. but if we all had the same pointof view , what a stark and colorless world it would be.

Thanks man for all the support. I love this guitar,it's beautiful, plays wonderfully, but it had some problems. I wrote this because my rep has tried to get a hold of Gibson on the matter. But they act like it isn't their problem. unfortunately I have come across people who my rep has been in contact with that have the same problems. Gibson doesn't care about the little people. If I were jimmyPage or Slash or who ever else, i would get the respect. But they forget that we the average customer are the one who make these people. We are the ones who pay to play. To share in the experience of owning a guitar with such a great history. We are the ones who sacrifice our hard earned money, so that players like above, cna advertise and make Gibson their money. All we ask is for a little respect to us and our instruments. When we demand perfection we should get, because without us and our satifaction, what value is there really in a Gibson?

Thanks man for all the support. I love this guitar' date='it's beautiful, plays wonderfully, but it had some problems. I wrote this because my rep has tried to get a hold of Gibson on the matter. But they act like it isn't their problem. unfortunately I have come across people who my rep has been in contact with that have the same problems. Gibson doesn't care about the little people. If I were jimmyPage or Slash or who ever else, i would get the respect. But they forget that we the average customer are the one who make these people. We are the ones who pay to play. To share in the experience of owning a guitar with such a great history. We are the ones who sacrifice our hard earned money, so that players like above, cna advertise and make Gibson their money. All we ask is for a little respect to us and our instruments. When we demand perfection we should get, because without us and our satifaction, what value is there really in a Gibson? [/quote']

No problem man , i would just keep pushing Gibson to get them to make it right. I know from my own problems with them , it seems to be the only way. Sometimes there great in customer service and other times ....... well. funny though

they know we really like their guitars. and if we can we'll buy another.

This is me again. I have been in contact with Gibson. I am now making head way on this matter. So hopefully this experience will turn positive and i can trust to open my wallet again for a future purchase. thanks again for the support for everybody and remember to never let the man back you down and never take no for an answer.

I had some problems with a gibson I purchased. It was amazing to me how they have the 24/7 customer service which is really impressive. Yet, when calling I was told they had not heard of any problems with this issue and will look into it. I then got an P.M. saying yes we will take care of that issue just call the customer service number. I called again, I was told they do not give the replacement part I was asking for as it is not covered under warranty. I did reference my email and was told they would get back to me. They never did get back to me. I called again and was told well in order to get the replacement item, " I fes up it was a vibrato arm" , I had to get an ra# and return the whole guitar to get a new correct vibo arm. I finally went and bought the defective part from a second party.

It cost about $40.00 with shipping but it was the correct length and the handle was properly aligned.

I am not getting into details too much as my last gibson I received in '08 was and will be my last gibson instrument.

I have an 05 LP custom that is perfect. I ordered that one online, the first one did not even come in a gibson box, and looked like it was a demo or scratch and dent. The site replaced the guitar and the second one was perfect and still is.

Unfortunatly the guitar that was my birthday present in '08 was sadly a gift that not only upset me but also upset my Fiance,now my wife, that bought it for me. I did attempt about a year later to RA the guitar back to gibson so they might at least really actually look at the guitar and cover what they would under warranty, and at least give me a quote for whatever repairs they would not cover under warranty. Yet, this would end up being my last chat with gibson. I was told my guitar is not covered under warranty as I am not the original purchaser. Well, that was enlightening to know that I sent my warranty card in using my name within 10 days. It was a gift from my wife to be but since she purchased and gibson only warranties the guitars to the original purchaser I was stumped once again by gibson.

From what I have read it does seem gibson is listening a little bit more to their customers, yet what an insult to a person when they receive a gift. The receipt is in her name, and the warranty card was sent with my name, I was given a $3800.00 gift and I still thank her. The warranty card and receipt have the same address.

Why would a company have to insult a family by saying sorry your guitar is not covered under warranty because the warranty is "a limited Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser". Well I sure can understand how this could be abused but when the guitar is a gift and is from the same address, from the persons fiance, what could be the problem?

I have a '63 Melody Maker, a '60 LP special, a 7? LP standard, 7? SG, '05 LP Custom, '08 ES-355 which has been my only nightmare and my last purchase from gibson.

/cheers

First of all' date=' this is a "customer" forum, there are no Gibson representatives here. As the "authorized" Gibson dealer, Sam Ash should be taking care of these problems for you, and I'm sure they're the ones who have been shipping it back and forth to Gibson, or at least telling you they did. If they were the "shipping agent" AND the ones who sent the guitar back to Gibson, THEY (Sam Ash) are responsible for any damage or unfixed problems with the guitar. Your best recourse is to demand a full refund of your original purchase price from Sam Ash. Just like when you buy a new car, when warranty problems occur, you don't take it back to the assembly plant, you take it back to your DEALER.

Second, if your going to post something in a public forum, especially expecting a company rep to read and reply, you need to proof read and spell check. You should at least appear to be somewhat educated and write with some sort of sentence structure, punctuation and capitalization. I hope you're not typical of the current state of the Florida school system.

The teacher in me is now going to red pencil your original post for your corrections.

[b']Dear Gibson Rep. hi my name is kris and i have bought a Limited edition 1st run robot. I purchased this guitar at a ;local SamAsh on november 17th. upon purchasin the guitar it seemed to have problems. it didnt want to start up and take a charge. So i sen the guitar back to you guys for repair. it took almost a month to return it. When it came back the Mck light up and then faded not to come on again. tried to charge it with the help of Samash technicians only to have the guitar fail again and not turn on or tune. So i sent the guitar back agian. On the third attempt back form you guys the guitar came on i took a charge and the i was rweady to go. after about a minute though i was tuning it stopped working again. Now bear in mind i never even go o leave the store where i purchased it. So the guitar AGAIN didnt take a charge and stopped working. So as we, the Great people at SamAsh tried to help but to no avail. Also too the MCK fell apart. And you guys not having the hindsight to give a repair tool for this , i had to once again send my guitar back a third time to Gibson. Now today on 2-5-2010 i received a clall to get my guitar back. Now thankfully after THREE yes 3 attempts to correct this problem, it finnaly starts to work. But i end up findiing that guitar now veery DEEP scrathes and gouges in the finish. Casued by the repair Gibson didi to it. Now my problem is i cant get anyone on Gibson end to give a darn about what has happened. I have lost value in this product now. it no longer can command a price of perfect becasue of what you did. I had plans to maybe one day give this guitar to my kids so they can have something of great value. Andi gettin told that it could cost up to 800 to 1000 dollars for repairs? I dont know but i need someone on your end to please help me aboutthis problem you uys GIbson might have a problem. If you can give me a real contact noyt this repair and restoration bs number youhve on your site. it would bein your best intrest.[/b]

I'm sure I missed something, without even considering sentence structure.

Unfortunately I have the same issues. I try to use proper grammar and spelling, yet I so seldom ever have the need

to write in a structured manner, yes years of manual labor let some of my english grammar school lessons well rusted.

• 1 month later...

I have a Robot V and have had no problems with it. Good thing because I might have mentioned it here before I found this was an English class instead of a Gibson Guitar forum. I had no problem understanding the information storysellers was getting across and I would have thought that was the idea. I noticed there was a response from a Gibson rep so I guess storysellers wasn't so dumb after all. David

I also purchased a LP Robot Limited at Sam Ash - they bought the remaining lots from Gibson were making them available for $999.00. While the auto tuning system is impressive - it is already outdated by the second generation systems (i.e dusk tiger and dark fire). Regardless - when you look at the quality of the actual guitar (separate from the Tronical system) it's a way way better LP than could every be purchased at that price. The bound neck and headstock make a big difference. If I can't make a go of the Auto tuning system, I'll have it de-installed and will continue to ROCK the LP regardless...Thanks for all the great posts loyal Gibson users...

Dopey Lopes

1959 ES-125T

1963 Melody Maker D

1974 LP Custom Twentieth Anniversary

2008 Robot LP Limited

2004 Fender Custom Telecaster

2009 Breedlove Passport C250

2002 Dan Electro DC Bass

1990 Wasburn D-15

Glad to hear that StorySellers Robot issue is being addressed; I hope things get resolved to his satisfaction. As a 1st gen Robot SG owner myself, up to now I haven't had any problems. I believe that in general, Gibson went out of their way to make these Robots an exceptional guitar.

Although I still don't know why they call it a SG "Special" with the inlays and ebony fingerboard; but that's a different issue.

I think most of us that bought a Robot, or the updated gen 2 models, knew that such a guitar was going against the grain for a lot of Gibson guitar players; including at least one dealership that I'm aware of that doesn't want anything to do with them. They are free to offer their opinions such as, "Why can't you tune it yourself!" [blink]

Any time a manufacturer makes thousands of electrical based equipment such as a guitar, unfortunately there will be some that will have "issues" that need to be corrected. Seems to me the vast majority of us are pleased with these instruments for a variety of reasons. One last thing, L5 Larry; you crack me up! (I hope my punctuation etc. was O.K)[biggrin]

Archived