Gibson Brands Forums

It finally shipped!

Lend27

Well, it arrived on Tuesday. I've spent the last 2 days tweaking the truss rod, lowering the bridge a little, and filing the nut slots. This thing is now fantastic! The P90 is fabulous. The action now is so smooth, it's unbelievable. And even with only one pickup, I can get so many sounds just by turning the volume or tone knobs. Love the ebony fretboard. The nitro finish is very thin. The guitar really resonates, and it'll only get better.

This guitar is a tremendous value. Highly recommended!

Nice going, I'm a big JR fan and although I don't like P-90's, many players do and if it works for you, perfect. If you can, try to buy a used or new Hard Case, a nice piece like that deserves a good home. You can always sell the gig bag on Ebay. I have several jr's and as much as they really are a pony, you'll learn to work with the tone knob in short order. Put a nice jr into a classic Marshall and 2, 4x12 cabs and you'll be in heaven. So glad it worked out for you in the end. Enjoy the kid and remember it's all about what you like, not someone else's cheap comment........ jr's are such a great simple piece but they hold value and they also pay their own way in terms of weight on the shoulders. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Well' date=' it arrived on Tuesday. I've spent the last 2 days tweaking the truss rod, lowering the bridge a little, and filing the nut slots. This thing is now fantastic! The P90 is fabulous. The action now is so smooth, it's unbelievable. And even with only one pickup, I can get so many sounds just by turning the volume or tone knobs. Love the ebony fretboard. The nitro finish is very thin. The guitar really resonates, and it'll only get better.

This guitar is a tremendous value. Highly recommended![/quote']

Glad to hear everything worked out...

I think you've scared me out of buying an SG classic...

Gig Bag, and overseas shipping, definitely must be added to the thread of things that don't go together.

Nice going' date=' I'm a big JR fan and although I don't like P-90's, many players do and if it works for you, perfect. If you can, try to buy a used or new Hard Case, a nice piece like that deserves a good home. You can always sell the gig bag on Ebay. I have several jr's and as much as they really are a pony, you'll learn to work with the tone knob in short order. Put a nice jr into a classic Marshall and 2, 4x12 cabs and you'll be in heaven. So glad it worked out for you in the end. Enjoy the kid and remember it's all about what you like, not someone else's cheap comment........ jr's are such a great simple piece but they hold value and they also pay their own way in terms of weight on the shoulders. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

+1

Doublecut nailed it again! [cool]

Archived