Gibson Brands Forums

anyone going to the homecoming?

Taylor Player

Just saw this over at the AGF but hadn't seen any information here. Anyone going this year? Someday I hope to make it up to Bozeman and a gathering like this would be a blast.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176114

2010 GIBSON HOMECOMING

The 2010 Gibson Homcoming will be held on Thursday' date=' Friday, and Saturday, June 24 -26, 2010 in Bozeman, Montana. The Gibson Homecoming is a gathering of independent Gibson acoustic guitar enthusiasts who will informally gather in Bozeman to meet others who share their love of Gibson acoustic guitars. There will be an informal “Meet and Greet” for anyone arriving early on Wednesday evening, June 23rd. This will be the 5th year for the Gibson Homecoming. Past years have included participants from all over the United States and Canada.

All costs associated with this event (travel, meals, hotel, etc.) are the responsibility of each individual attending. We will be asking each participant to donate towards the cost of our Hospitality Room at the Gran Tree Inn (where several of our clinics and other events are held), however this cost should be very minimal.

There will be various guitar related clinics, two Open Mic events, a personalized tour of the Gibson Acoustic facility in Bozeman, as well as tours of Waverly Tuners and Weber Mandolins. A group will also be taking a short day trip through portions of Yellowstone National Park on Wednesday, June 23rd.

Due to space restrictions, registrations are limited to 30 participants. Although we are nearly at full capacity already, there are still a few slots remaining. If you are interested in attending, please e-mail me at guitarstrmr@aol.com. Let me know the number of slots requested, names of individuals attending, address, and an e-mail address so that I can recontact you with updates.[/quote']

Just saw this over at the AGF but hadn't seen any information here. Anyone going this year? Someday I hope to make it up to Bozeman and a gathering like this would be a blast.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176114

For my part it's sorry that Mike posts on the AGF and not here.

Ok there were times we didn't see eye to eye but byegones can be byegones!

I think OneWileyFool's gathering will be the better of the two events! At least he'll have beer! [biggrin]

Not only does the Moose Drool flow freely at the Homecoming' date=' but last year's event included a tour of the Bozeman Brewing Co.

Plus, there's no way a Gibson event [i']without[/i] Ren Ferguson (and Bill and Val and Jason and ...) can be better than a Gibson event with Ren Ferguson (and Bill and Val and Jason and ... ).

-- Bob R

Plus, there's no way a Gibson event without Ren Ferguson (and Bill and Val and Jason and ...) can be better than a Gibson event with Ren Ferguson (and Bill and Val and Jason and ... ).

-- Bob R

I'll second that!! This looks like the first year I won't make the Montana Homecoming- :D If you're thinking about going for the first time-- do it!

We're planning on trying to attend this year and combining it with a quick trip down to the Tetons, which we've never been to. My wife and I made it in 2008 and it was an absolute blast. Prior to the event we spent a week in Yellowstone. Also unforgettable. Mike does a terrific job of organizing the event and the folks at Gibson and at Music Villa are lovely folks. It's a real treasure to spend time with them.

i can remember when this was regularly posted over here. this is the first mention of it i'm aware for this year. seems odd it wouldn't be pitched on the gibson web site.

I thought it odd that I hadn't seen it here either. Like others say, sometimes Gibson seems to be the "Ugly Stepchild" over at the AGF (But I as well as others try to clear that crap up! :D )

I agree with JohnT that it's a shame that Mike doesn't post here anymore. I learned a bunch about Gibson when I first joined and he is a wealth of information. I am glad that he is continuing the Homecomming tradition, but in reality, it should be posted here as I am sure there are many interested parties on the forum that may like the notice and the ability to participate.

If your out there Mike..... please think about re-joining the gang here......

Considering the history and the somewhat general feeling about Gibson over on AGF.

It kinda seems like a bit of a passive-aggressive snub that it wasn't posted on this forum ( the Official Gibson Forum) at all.

I mean that is great if MIke has found an online community that he is happy with, but post the announcement here at the same time.

How hard is copy and paste?

Considering the history and the somewhat general feeling about Gibson over on AGF.

It kinda seems like a bit of a passive-aggressive snub that it wasn't posted on this forum ( the Official Gibson Forum) at all.

I mean that is great if MIke has found an online community that he is happy with' date=' but post the announcement here at the same time.

How hard is copy and paste?

[/quote']

It's probably because of me. Sorry.[lol]

It's not an official Gibson event (although Gibson and Music Villa have been kind enough to support it) and never has been. It's Mike's party, pure and simple. It was his idea, and he puts in countless hours of organizational work to make it happen every year. Seems to me that how he issues the invitations is entirely up to him. If throwing a party and inviting who you wants to invite qualifies you as passive-aggressive, then I'm passive-aggressive. And I'd hazard a guess that you are too. :D

-- Bob R

It's not an official Gibson event (although Gibson and Music Villa have been kind enough to support it) and never has been. It's Mike's party' date=' pure and simple. It was his idea, and he puts in countless hours of organizational work to make it happen every year. Seems to me that how he issues the invitations is entirely up to him. If throwing a party and inviting who you wants to invite qualifies you as passive-aggressive, then I'm passive-aggressive. And I'd hazard a guess that you are too. [smile']

-- Bob R

Well.....then Mike's choice on how he made the invitation speaks volumes all by itself. You are probably correct, I didn't need to say anything.....

My apologies to the group here ....

And GGirl....please don't be so hard on yourself....

Well.....then Mike's choice on how he made the invitation speaks volumes all by itself. ...

I'm pretty sure it was intended to. I just objected to labeling it "passive-aggressive". (I must admit that misuse of the term "passive-aggressive" is a pet peeve of mine, so the objection may have come across as a little more vehement than the content of your remarks called for. If so, sorry -- no offense intended!)

-- Bob R

Archived