Gibson Brands Forums

Who dat? Who dat? J200 played during half time show!!!!

george black

Did you notice Zakk Starkey's paint job on his cymbals?

I watched the game with a small gathering at someone's house. One of the guests mentioned early on that her son made the cymbals for the show and to take a look at the paint job. Sure enough, there they were. She said he made seven, "just in case."

That's as close as I get to anyone famous--knowing the mother of the son who made the cymbals for the replacement of the greatest drummer the free world has ever known.

Successful on-side kick before the fourth quarter, big interception, two point conversion, record completion rate, the Saints' third post-season victory in forty-two years, and Pete Townshend with his J-200 at halftime. This may have been the best Superbowl ever!

Cheers!

Rick...#-o

Since I lived in New Orleans for the last 45 years and now I'm only 40 minutes away........the Super Bowl was GREAT for me. Townsend sure has an incredible right hand...............hope he didn't develop that while doing that research on the internet..............

Successful on-side kick before the fourth quarter' date=' big interception, two point conversion, record completion rate, the Saints' third post-season victory in forty-two years, and Pete Townshend with his J-200 at halftime. This may have been the best Superbowl ever!

Cheers!

Rick...[cool

Agreed.

I've become a bit of a convert this year and try to watch the live game we have shown over here on Sunday evenings. Never seen an on side kick or a 2 point conversion before. Pure belief in their team's abilities.

As for the show, I think they got sound sorted just as it was ending.

And why did PT wear a jacket which kept muting the strings every time he did a famous spiral.

He's got a lot to learn that boy if he's going to make it as a rock star!

Did you notice Zakk Starkey's paint job on his cymbals?

I watched the game with a small gathering at someone's house. One of the guests mentioned early on that her son made the cymbals for the show and to take a look at the paint job. Sure enough' date=' there they were. She said he made seven, "just in case."

That's as close as I get to anyone famous--knowing the mother of the son who made the cymbals for the replacement of the greatest drummer the free world has ever known. [/quote']

That's cool. Congrats to your friend's son. I loved them.

Agreed.

As for the show' date=' I think they got sound sorted just as it was ending.

And why did PT wear a jacket which kept muting the strings every time he did a famous spiral.

He's got a lot to learn that boy if he's going to make it as a rock star![/quote']

Agreed, I didn't think they started well, but the ever important big finish was great in my opinion. The vocals were certainly the weak point. Pete's playing was still pretty good for an old fart. As to the jacket..... I think it helped to cover the "belly" he is developing. It seemed that whenever he windmilled, all I could see was his white belly prominantly in the monitor! [biggrin]

As to the game, contgrats to New Orleans.... It could only have been a better game if Brett and the Vikings would have been there, but that is our fault for losing to the Saints two weeks earlier when we had the game dang near in the bag before our defensive coodinator thought it best to send 12 men on the field, forcing a penalty, forcing Brett to throw across his body after being molested by the Saints defense the entire game (should have been a few calls our way for that but apparently the refs thought better during the game, only to fine guys after the game...) :- [biggrin] [biggrin] (But trust me.... I am NOT bitter!!! NOT AT ALL!!!) [biggrin]

Anyway, congrats to the Saints....... If 41 year old Brett can make it back next year, we will see what happens then.

Archived