Gibson Brands Forums

PICS - Pulled the trigger on a new Traditional GT

lpblues4me

Thanks everyone for all the help!!!!

I went back to GC and played them all again....and decided on a new LP Traditional GoldTop. I was able to negotiate 15% off. I think I did alright, plays perfect and the finish is amazing. Now I'm just waiting for the Marshall Class 5 amp to come in.

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

^ you can see the seam near the strap button. Doesn't matter' date=' nice guitar![/quote']

Beautiful!!'

My LP has a two piece, with the second piece being on by the control cavity, about half the control cavity is made of the second bit, its not much of a second piece

A looker for sure' date=' how does she sound? If it's as good as she looks you've got a real keeper. Congrats.[/quote']

Thanks!!!!

Right now I play through a 5 watt Fender Champion 600, with the Jenson Mod speaker upgrade. Plugged into the "low" output she sounds amazing. The 57 pickups really sing quite nicely, and when cranked a little, the natural distortion/breakup begins, at which time the LP just flat out sounds great (IMO), really a nice full tone.

I am looking forward to getting the Marshall Class 5 amp, I'm hoping that amp will compliment my LP as well.

mostly blues' date=' that is a sweet looking git. I'm jealous. I'm a lefty which means less choice.[/quote']

Thanks so much!! I've only been playing for about 3 years, I turned 50 this year and have been saving for just the right guitar and after playing them all (all brands)....the Traditional is what spoke to me. It will be awhile before I ever play out, but I love the blues and I'll keep playing.

later.

Archived