Gibson Brands Forums

What do you belive to be the best SG model ever made?

dem00n

I too think this is a personal opinion rather than an absolute. Everyone's SG is the best to them IMHO. Here's a link to my friend playing a personal favorite SG of mine. I can't claim this is the best SG because I have not played every SG made. Please enjoy!

The proof is in the pudding!

Just a taste of his own medicine. This kid thought it was a smart move to insult us all in another thread.

Taste of my own medicine?

Oh please you remind of those 25 year olds that hang out in the video game forums all day looking for fights. [cool]

I think a person who knows how to play well and use an amp(tube) properly, can make even the "Worst" SG ever made, sound good.

And a person who doesn't have a clue wouldn't be able to make the "Best" SG ever made sound even half way decent, so it's all in the hands of the player holding the thing.

As mentioned previously, different models are good for different applications music and tone wise.

So I guess the best is the one that gives you what you're looking for.

As stated' date=' it's subjective. But, a lot of folks seem to feel the '64 SG Standard was certainly one, if not THE best

SG's. Certainly, one of the best years, for SG's...in terms of styling, and appointments, etc. But, again...depends

on who you ask, I guess?

CB[/quote']

+1 on a '64/'65 Standard for overall sex-appeal & feel.

H-Bomb

• 3 weeks later...
As stated' date=' it's subjective. But, a lot of folks seem to feel the '64 SG Standard was certainly one, if not THE best

SG's. Certainly, one of the best years, for SG's...in terms of styling, and appointments, etc. But, again...depends

on who you ask, I guess?

CB[/quote']

Here's a nice one.

http://www.cowtownguitars.com/itemtest2.php?invno=gsg137&itemtop=includes/gibsonitemtop.txt

Archived