Gibson Brands Forums

Jeez... Even Cheap Trick went "green" now....

NeoConMan

Are you trying to raise my already high blood pressure. LOL I have 2

words for you. Bio Diesel. It's costing many of us a ton a money in filters

that aren't cheap. Another great plan to save the environment. People

just getting by can't afford these worthless plans. It effects the poor the

worse. I thought we are trying to help the needy. Algae grows in the

tank when not in use. Gels up faster then normal diesel. Did they run

any test to see how it would work. Well you know the answer to that.

CW

I'm a little tired of this stuff' date=' now another band I always liked has sold out.

(This assumes, of course, that they own the rights to all their music...)

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Jeez, you get worked up about some of the silliest things. But I think you have labelled yourself into a corner with your on-line name.

I'm a little tired of this stuff' date=' now another band I always liked has sold out.

(This assumes, of course, that they own the rights to all their music...)

[/quote']

Sell out is a pretty strong word that musicians don't throw around lightly. What is your definition of sell out? Don't think Rick Nielsen has a mortgage to pay and a family to feed?

One of the problems with a lotta this "green" stuff is who plays the politics best.

There is a product that enables ethanol to keep bio or fossil diesel fuel from temperature problems. "Green" folks killed the plant that was going to make it happen, and functionally killed the company and product in the US.

There's a big concern here about wind farms after Minnesota greenies killed one power gen plant project because ... get this ... because they didn't want power lines added to carry the additional electricity. If this happens again, forget wind farms on the Northern Plains, or solar farms...

I could go on and on about similar "green" projects that were killed by "greenies."

In fact, one disappointing thing in Obama promises of "clean energy?" Notice not one word was spoken about realistically changing laws so transmission lines might be built before delay tactic lawsuits kill projects? That's killing wind projects.

There is no energy utopia because there isn't the technology nor science for the "perfect." Ergo the greenies ain't gonna be happy. So they strike out at anything that's imperfect which includes everything. Current federal law enables their games. That also means nothing but government or huge mega-corporations can actually do anything about energy - and that seems to many people to be part of the green "political agenda" anyway... I'm not sure I entirely agree. I think they're just folks who have some cash and like to raise hob for their private agenda and enjoyment.

I'm not being anti-"green" on this. I've even got a nice little award for reporting on environmental stuff. The problem comes when people get into their own little crusades and refuse to look at a "big picture."

m

One of the problems with a lotta this "green" stuff is who plays the politics best.

There is a product that enables ethanol to keep bio or fossil diesel fuel from temperature problems. "Green" folks killed the plant that was going to make it happen' date=' and functionally killed the company and product in the US.

I'm not being anti-"green" on this. I've even got a nice little award for reporting on environmental stuff. The problem comes when people get into their own little crusades and refuse to look at a "big picture."

m

[/quote']

The anti-gel as it is called doesn''t work very well. Case in point I have it in

my tractor and I have the anti-gel in the diesel fuel at a ratio that shouldn't

gel at all (I double the mix like everyone else). Replaced the filter last week and put 3 hours on the tractor and had

to put new ones on again. Thats a quick $200 bucks. When I went into Napa

to get new ones guess what most people were also buying. Who does it

affect the worst? Lower income people. I personally don't think it's right.

Take Jessenoah post he looks at the lets do our part for the environment

but what does he know about Bio Diesel. Jesse could you afford to pay for

replacement at that price 2 or 3 times a winter. I'm all for renewable energy

as long as it' afforadable so the lower income don't suffer. Milod I now about

the Big Stone debacle. They don't want power lines but it's alright to have the

Generators. I wonder how they are going to get that power to the people.

Side note I wonder if they know how many birds are killed by the generators. LOL

It all sounds like a good idea if you don't use the product. I didn't know about diesel

Untill I got my tractor and it just quit running one day. Quick learning curve then.

CW

One of the problems is that our energy is controlled by the big "enegy" companies and they don't like anything that cuts into their profits. Another problem is if course the politics. Both of these do not want to lose their control. Rise up, energy consumers, and take control of the power!

they've had their ups and downs (the late 80's and 90's were a wasteland but the kept plugging away) so an ad in their 35th year aint so bad. i just saw them at caesars windsor and they were outstanding. rick (just turned 63) was an animal. bun e, in typical low key fashion, got up at the end, put his sticks down and walked straight out. lol. at one point robin said to the band "have we ever been here?" tom, looking around, says "where are we?"

they played a short-ish set (16 songs) and rocked the house. the tune voices was amazing and a highlight for me.

cwness...

Naah, not an anti-gel as such. It's something that adds ethanol to diesel. The military even tried it out and it works. They just got delayed so long and legal costs climbed so high that the financing package died.

I think if Obama is serious about any kind of "clean energy," he's gotta get into the transmission side of it and protecting some of it from the greenies.

There's a new company working toward a 7,000 mw wind farm in eastern sd right now, btw. But they're gonna need transmission lines that likely would go thru Minn. I dunno how that's gonna fly. Another company is looking at my area, but again, there ain't the lines for it.

If there ain't no transmission lines, no energy can be moved. Geeze.

Current law makes it too easy to kill anything having to do with energy, largely through incredibly easy delaying tactics that can even get government or mega corporations from doing stuff. It's even easier to kill smaller relatively "private" projects that "only" have a cupla hundred million to spend and can lose financing with delays push past a year or so since investors will go to something less challenging.

I wonder sometimes if too many people watched too many Harry Potter movies or the equivalent and figure all you've gotta do is snap your fingers and you've got anything you want or need from nothing...

m

One of the problems is that our energy is controlled by the big "enegy" companies and they don't like anything that cuts into their profits. Another problem is if course the politics. Both of these do not want to lose their control. Rise up' date=' energy consumers, and take control of the power![/quote']

Agreed! It is also going to take a monumental shift in our country's culture of "me first, always!" Too much NIMBY. There is a lot of worship of the WWII generation for the sacrifices they made, but there is little practice of that characteristic.

Agreed! It is also going to take a monumental shift in our country's culture of "me first' date=' always!" Too much NIMBY. There is a lot of worship of the WWII generation for the sacrifices they made, but there is little practice of that characteristic. [/quote']

We often will invoke the spirirt of some previous, glorious time and think by doing that, we live that spirit. It's like the easy way out.

cwness...

Naah' date=' not an anti-gel as such. It's something that adds ethanol to diesel.

If there ain't no transmission lines, no energy can be moved. Geeze.

m

[/quote']

Hey Milod

The ethanol in the in the 911(brand name) you speak of is after it's already

gelled to get it to liquefy again and mainly remove moisture in the fuel.

The anti-gel I was talking about goes into prevent gelling. Another $15 bucks a tank

The Bio Diesel also grows algae in the tank which they now have an aditive

to remove it. What usually happens is this also plugs up the filters. The

guys at Napa said since they made it law that they have to put the Bio

in Diesel 3 years ago they have had to stock 3 times the filters that they used too.

Great point no line no electricity. I would rather see the lines then the wind

gens. any day. Your also right that something has to done a but the transmission

of the power.

CW

But I think you have labelled yourself into a corner with your on-line name.

Who knows better about labeling people than the Granola Gang from Kalifornia?

Oh' date=' and how's that $24,000,000,000 debt workin' out fer ya?

The Governator rode into to town to save the state from the Evils of Gov. Gray Doofus, and does what?

The same thing, only 100 times worse.

Jesse posted an interesting little nugget about CalGreen, another nail in the coffin of your state's economy.

Fancy yourselves the smart ones, on the leading edge....

Ever stop to think that there are about 40 stars on our flag for states who DON'T wanna follow you?

I can tell you that your next door neighbors (I'm in Arizona) are sick of the sh!t....

Don't even get me started on the People's Republic of CA - cuz you know how I am, eh?

[thumbup']/

P.S. - I was born there too, so think about that before you wanna take any more personal shots.

One of the problems is that our energy is controlled by the big "enegy" companies and they don't like anything that cuts into their profits.

THIS is why I love guitar forums - the "professional" and comprehensive "knowledge" about such things.

My family has been in the Oil Biz since World War II' date=' I was raised in it myself.

I'm sorry, you were saying.....

[blink

Another problem is if course the politics.

Here's a big "No Duh!" for ya.

How much oil & gas is produced and refined in your state' date=' yet you pay [i']how much[/i] for it?

Then it's shipped out and sold for half the price in other states...

Rise up' date=' energy consumers, and take control of the power![/quote']

Another sixties flashback....

Um, let me know when you plan to take control of the power from the nuke I work at.

I'll call off sick that day so I can watch.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Don't think Rick Nielsen has a mortgage to pay and a family to feed?

Um, no.

I don't.

At his age, and having made as much money as he has, if he has ANY debt whatsoever he's an idiot.

Family to feed?

At his age - raising children?

Well, Bravo!!!

I'm sure he could scrape together enough money for diapers and formula.

In a few years it might be him using those products.

Hopefully he's managed to put away a little cash for the Golden Years after 35 years of hits.

If not, hopefully he can survive another 2 years until Social Security kicks in...

I've always liked their music, seen 'em several times, and I think I always "got" the humor of the band.

Until this ad with Audi.

Sorry.

Neo get your head out of your *** the world is turning green so we dont **** it up even worse.

It's so easy for people that don't have to pay for anything (still live at home with Mommy and daddy) to say

lets go green were ruining the planet. Your in for a rude awaking. I know it's not Neo with his head you know

where. Just look at all your brillant posts. I didn't know you were suppose to wait before taking your guitar

out of the case when it's been out in the cold. Common sense should have told you that. Just keep believing

what the greenies tell you and one day your going to look back (that's if you get smarter) and say why did

I fall for the bull.

CW

It's so easy for people that don't have to pay for anything (still live at home with Mommy and daddy) to say

lets go green were ruining the planet. Your in for a rude awaking. I know it's not Neo with his head you know

where. Just look at all your brillant posts. I didn't know you were suppose to wait before taking your guitar

out of the case when it's been out in the cold. Common sense should have told you that. Just keep believing

what the greenies tell you and one day your going to look back (that's if you get smarter) and say why did

I fall for the bull.

CW

I see your right and i am wrong.

I apologize.

It's a power scam, just like healthcare reform and cap and trade.

The Earth is just fine. I remember the early '70's. We had REAL pollution back then. People swim and eat fish from the Ohio river now. Rivers never catch on fire anymore like they used too.....

I see your right and i am wrong.

And you'd be surprised what I've done with my property in the name of "green."

Been doing it for years because it lowers my utility costs (though I work for one) and saves me money in the long run while helping with security too. What I DON'T need is governments spending trillions of MY dollars to tell me what I've already known for 15 years.

Waiting for the cost of higher output LED's to drop some more before I sh!tcan all those

stupid' date=' worthless, mercury-laden compact fluorescents.

Do you leave your cell phone charger plugged in when not in use?

[cool

Take Jessenoah post he looks at the lets do our part for the environment

but what does he know about Bio Diesel. Jesse could you afford to pay for

replacement at that price 2 or 3 times a winter.

What I mean by us trying to conserve natural resorces is simple things' date=' for ex, when I am going around town and I dont need to transport anything, I ride my bike, or walk, not to hard to do, not practical for most people, but the people who can do it, SHOULD!

Jesse posted an interesting little nugget about CalGreen, another nail in the coffin of your state's economy.

isnt it wonderful? CA can fund anything and everything, and of course we don't have to worry about paying it off later

:-k

Anyone know where Al Gore has run off to since his Global warming farce has started to crumble.

I think he is planning another rock and roll/green peace day, hopefully he can get led zeppelin to play and blast out the ears of the little messy leftie college kids in attendance!

Archived