Gibson Brands Forums

Jeez... Even Cheap Trick went "green" now....

NeoConMan

What I mean by us trying to conserve natural resorces is simple things' date=' for ex, when I am going around town and I dont need to transport anything, I ride my bike, or walk, not to hard to do, not practical for most people, but the people who can do it, SHOULD![/quote']

I agree. I turn lights off when I leave a room, recycle garbage, and when

taking off from a stop I don't punch it. We're all do things to make the planet

better off. That's why things are cleaner now the 50 years ago.

You didn't answer my question could you afford Spending and extra $ 600 dollars

a year on this renewable energy. Look who it affects the worse. Lower income takes

it in the shorts on all these renewable energy ideas. Corn in ethanol. Food goes up

and who does it affect again. Sad part is it was the guy I voted for. He's not running

again here governor thank god he wouldn't get my vote or any one the runs diesel.

Rumor has it he's going to try for president. BEWARE of Tim Palenty. I'm all for

renewable energy as long as it doesn't cost more then what were using now and

doesn't effect the people who can't afford it.

CW

a year on this renewable energy. Look who it affects the worse. Lower income takes

it in the shorts on all these renewable energy ideas. Corn in ethanol. Food goes up

and who does it affect again. Sad part is it was the guy I voted for. He's not running

again here governor thank god he wouldn't get my vote or any one the runs diesel.

Rumor has it he's going to try for president. BEWARE of Tim Palenty. I'm all for

CW

The answer is that people should not have to be paying an extra 600 USD a year for cleaner and more efficient technology. They need to pave the way for the private sector to get up and running with new, greener technology and stop subsidizing legacy, 20th century stuff like coal. A large part of it starts with updating our infrastructure. Remember the Northeast blackout of 2003? That should have been our wake up call that our power grid needs some attention.

And ethanol made from corn scares me, a lot. Hell, the whole corn economy scares me. It hasn't been good for our country and the sooner we get away from it the better. Author Michael Pollan has written a lot about the corn economy and what a mess it is. Highly recommend checking it out.

Just a quick note then back to work...

1. corn for ethanol actually is coming from a world far different from 40 years ago. Where I live today, the bushels per acre literally has doubled since then.

2. Wood for ethanol is available, needs to be moved, and is rotting various values where it is on U.S. Forest Service land, but may not be used for anything right now because the greenies think it should feed the pine park beetles. Meanwhile, Mt. Rushmore ain't having a fireworks display this 4th of July because much of the forest is dead around it courtesy of pine park beetles and they're scared of a huge forest fire. Lotta stuff ain't real simple.

3. Yeah, I see what CW is talking about on somma the soy diesel.

4. It seems too often from here that the greenies are great at making noise and causing problems, but not at real solutions to clean stuff up and lessen environmental problems.

m

I am in the same boat, consider this,

everyweek, I travel 90 miles to get to a rehersal studio, i burn up a third of a tank of gas, I would love to be able to afford a nice hybrid/high tech/cleaner/more economical way to get there, but I dont have the funds to buy such a car

so how do I do my part? I drive 55 miles an hour on the freeway, I stay in the right lane, usually behind a big truck, it takes me a longer time to get to where I am going, but I do my part to save my checkbook, and the world

everybody can help in their own little way, all it takes is awareness

Well, my take on the Greens versus Status Quo.

Those who want to "Go Green, and Go Green Today" need to be slowed down by some more conservative minds that want to make sure what we're using instead of Oil and Coal is actually Cleaner and Cost Effective.

Same with the Trees, I live in Big Bear, where we had a Huge Beetle problem that blew up into a Fire Storm. The funny part around here is that it wasn't the Green Tree Huggers alone that prevented the forest from being pruned of it's dead wood, it was Big Business and "Greenies" working together. The Greenies got to see the little woodland animals have a home and the Fire Wood and Farmers got to monopolize the firewood industry in the mountains. When I was growing up, we'd get a wood permit, grab up a chainsaw and fill the truck to the brim with ready dead wood for the winter. Some folks would even get enough to sell, just to make ends meet during the winter. Now you have to buy wood from Avocado Farms or timber cleared from new construction. All done in the name of Safety and Conservation.

Hunting Vermin is a No No around here, too, so we now have more Coyotes than House Cats.

Who knows better about labeling people than the Granola Gang from Kalifornia?

Oh' date=' and how's that $24,000,000,000 debt workin' out fer ya?

The Governator rode into to town to save the state from the Evils of Gov. Gray Doofus, and does what?

The same thing, only 100 times worse.

Jesse posted an interesting little nugget about CalGreen, another nail in the coffin of your state's economy.

Fancy yourselves the smart ones, on the leading edge....

Ever stop to think that there are about 40 stars on our flag for states who DON'T wanna follow you?

I can tell you that your next door neighbors (I'm in Arizona) are sick of the sh!t....

Don't even get me started on the People's Republic of CA - cuz you know how I am, eh?

:D/

P.S. - I was born there too, so think about that before you wanna take any more personal shots.

THIS is why I love guitar forums - the "professional" and comprehensive "knowledge" about such things.

My family has been in the Oil Biz since World War II, I was raised in it myself.

I'm sorry, you were saying.....

[biggrin]

Here's a big "No Duh!" for ya.

How much oil & gas is produced and refined in your state, yet you pay how much for it?

Then it's shipped out and sold for half the price in other states...

Another sixties flashback....

Um, let me know when you plan to take control of the power from the nuke I work at.

I'll call off sick that day so I can watch.

Gee just what we need another Homer Simpson

[blush][biggrin][-(

I say we go all out nuclear.........throw a reactor right in my truck..........so I am good for 7 to 10 years................

What .....that might be dangerous and the technology does'nt exist............well somebody get on that.......

All kidding aside, covering this stuff as an ag and "outdoor" reporter has really shown so many bad laws and decisions on bad laws that damage, rather than help the environment, that I really get grouchy about it.

Yup, the Black Hills - as in Mount Rushmore - have horrid pine beetle problems killing trees and causing fire problems. The greenies killed some 700 logging-related jobs in the area around 20 years ago in the region. Now in even a "wet" year, the fire danger is incredible.

But, this area is very well documented in photography from the early 1870s before settlement. Some of the greenies have claimed that the Custer expedition wet plate photos are faked to show less than 50 percent of the trees that exist now in the Black Hills. Fire? Killing logging? Tree diseases? Job losses? Who cares? We want trees. Sheesh.

Secondly... States like Cali - or nations, I would suppose - actually can cause higher rates and greater environmental difficulties by refusing their own resource utilization. E.g., when I lived in Wyoming, we were using natural gas from maybe 30 miles away. When they ran low in Cali, the price went up even in Wyo because they could get higher rates from Cali. Of course, to get the additional methane, they hadda create more pressure in the coalbeds, and that ran more water through the veins and... Completely clean when it surfaced, but not entirely natural to the ecosystem.

Finally - try this. There's a bird that traditionally nested on sand islands on the Missouri in spring after the traditional spring floods. With the dams and nice clean energy from them, the birds can't nest that way. So they helicoptered in bulldozers and such, swept out extra water from the bottom dam, then stopped water releases to create energy for six or eight (as I recall) nesting pairs. The problem? Just a few months prior, there were articles on the same species nesting on shopping center roofs and on streamsides where they hadn't done so before. Gee, the biologists said, we didn't know that. Okay.

It surely makes you wonder.

m

Archived