Gibson Brands Forums

Page / Wylde strings

leopold

hi admin,

Could you tell me what strings are factory original for the Jimmy Page CA and the Zakk Wylde V? I am pretty sure they are not the .010 Vintage Reissue. I think the Page is .090-.046 Les Paul Signature set but would like confirmation before I restring. I feel the Zakk V has heavier than .010-.046 but am not sure.

Thanks for all your help and information!

• 3 months later...

For the Page LP, mine is a 2006 CA (1 of the 860 JPPs, not the new Black Beauty). The low E on the original strings is definitely a .046. I installed a set of Vintage Reissue 9-42 strings and they were different. The original low E string does match the the E from the SEG-LPS set which has a .046. So the original strings can only be 1 of 2 sets. If they are 9s, then they are the SEG-LPS set, if they are 10s then they are the SEG-LP10 set. Reason is that they have a .046 with the red silk on the ball ends. The unwound strings are too thin for me to compare with any confidence to tell if they are 9s or 10s. Sooo, can anyone say for sure if they were the 9s or the 10s. Page probably would play 9s.

I like the original setup so much that I don't want to change it and others have asked for this info also. Thanks.

Installed the SEG-LPS 9-46 set and 99.9% sure that is the original set. BTW I think the LPSs are much better than the Vintage Reissue 9-42 set. I have no tuning issues with the LPSs where the VRs didn't really stay in tune. This guitar will stay in tune for weeks with the LPSs. So I'm all set, the reply is just FYI for anyone wanting to set their JPP up the way it came from Gibson Custom Shop.

Archived