Gibson Brands Forums

New Studio will it need tuning

nlel

Just recieved my new Studio I am a beginner guitarist but liked the Les Paul so I bought one for £ 824, question is will it need tuning straight away, it sounds ok but I really do not have musical ears, can anyone recommend an electronic guitar tuner?

It's likely it's needs tuning... Any tuner will do fine... Here is one that I can recommend.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Korg-GA-1-guitar-and-bass-tuner_W0QQitemZ360233602414QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item53df988d6e

If you have a guitar shop nearby you can stop to pick one up. I always liked the inexpensive Korgs.

It's very important to get genuine Gibson tuners they're easy to find and not really expensive

different guitars require different tuners...

You may be interested in tuners like the KORG GT12 Chromatic Tuner, Fender RT-1000 Rackmount Tuner, KORG DTR1000 Digital Rack Mount Tuner, Danelectro DT2 Tuner, Korg AW1 Micro Tuner, Korg DT10 Digital Pedal Tuner, Rocktron XTune Tuner, and Peterson StroboStomp Virtual Tuner and Active DI.

----------------------------------------------------

It's very important to get genuine Gibson tuners they're easy to find and not really expensive

[lol] Clarify that for me please... In the past 27 years of playing guitar, I have never heard of such a thing.. Are you referring to the tuning machines that you install up on the headstock ?

Just recieved my new Studio I am a beginner guitarist but liked the Les Paul so I bought one for £ 824' date=' question is will it need tuning straight away, it sounds ok but I really do not have musical ears, can anyone recommend an electronic guitar tuner?[/quote']

By the way, congratulation on you Gibson LP. Invest in a cheap digital tuner, they cost less than £20 and a must for someone learning. You will use it most days, as most change slightly on a daily bases.

[cool]

You may be interested in tuners like the KORG GT12 Chromatic Tuner' date=' Fender RT-1000 Rackmount Tuner, KORG DTR1000 Digital Rack Mount Tuner, Danelectro DT2 Tuner, Korg AW1 Micro Tuner, Korg DT10 Digital Pedal Tuner, Rocktron XTune Tuner, and Peterson StroboStomp Virtual Tuner and Active DI.

----------------------------------------------------[/quote']

[smile][confused] [confused]

Congrats on the new Les Paul. I picked one up today too. I played it a little bit before bringing it home and I could tell it was somewhat out of tune. I have a Korg GA-1 tuner, and I checked it out when I got home. All strings were flat. I played it for about an hour, and had to tune it again.

Get yourself a tuner, you should be able to get a decent one for $10 - $20 USD.

Its important to learn to tune yourself, since most people tune every time they sit down to play. After you do it a few times, you will get the hang of it. You can get a great tuner for less than $20. Do you mean intonation? That can be a little more tricky. A set-up will include any needed intonation adjustments.

I didn't even know Gibson made their own tuner and as far as having different ones for different guitars.....You gotta be kidding me.

Archived