Gibson Brands Forums

The Traditional Club

Big Bill

I want in.... THis beaut came home with me Saturday.

_DSC2051.JPG

_DSC2052.JPG

_DSC2053.JPG

_DSC2054.JPG

I'm the same... neck and pickups sealed the deal. Though the Iced Tea Finish kept me at the negotiation table.

Beautiful flame. I really like how the flame changes with your camera angle. We have the same color too. My flames come and go like a holograph too.

I couldn't decide among the Ice Tea, Honey Burst or Light Burst. Then the Ice Tea showed up at GC out of the blue. My sales person called me and asked if I was still interested in a Gibson and he would hold it for me. We figured it was destiny. Why mess with it? Ice Tea it was.

• Upvote 1

Nice guitars guys... how confortable is the traditional neck?

thundergod it is a very comfortable neck . I went from a 59 neck on my old studio to this 50's style neck. I was at first intimadted by the size because I have small hands. Are Nine told me that I'll get used to it and I did .quicker than I imagined. Maybe a few hours lol. Now I want a thicker neck [biggrin]

Yes, the 50's neck is very nice. It is a handful. I like it, though, I do have decent size hands. My thumb wraps over the top and fingers reach all around without even the slightest thought. You definitely won't get cramps from bar chords at band practice! LOL

These Traditionals are all such fantastic guitars! They sound great, play well... and the burst tops are very nice on everyone I've seen.

The Traditional Pro's have some interesting features... if they'd had a thicker neck, I'da been all over one.

Now, if I can just stop thinking about playing it long enough to actually do my work during the day.....

Here she is -

DSC02112.jpgDSC02156.jpgDSC02155.jpgDSC02157.jpgDSC02158.jpgDSC02159.jpgDSC02161.jpgDSC02160.jpgDSC02164.jpgDSC02162.jpg

Haven't posted earlier for the obvious reasons.[thumbup]

Arrived 4 days ago on the 18th. 1 day earlier than I was quoted![blink]

After a set-up,action was too low for me,pups too high,intonation...the usual etc. except the nut (for now) is strangely good[confused],I ve been getting acquainted with her.

Must say,she is a different beast compared to her sister,Standard Faded,neck feels just a tad thicker. Though this could be because I'm now so used to the sleek feel of the Faded's neck?

But man,she sure looks nice. And sounds very responsive. Goes from a whisper to a roar.

Once again. Another sight unseen/unplayed win![biggrin]

But as I've said. Not taking into consideration the sound,there's nothing a good set-up can't fix within reason.[wink]

Here she is -

Haven't posted earlier for the obvious reasons.[drool]

Arrived 4 days ago on the 18th. 1 day earlier than I was quoted![biggrin]

After a set-up' date='action was too low for me,pups too high,intonation...the usual etc. except the nut (for now) is strangely good[confused'],I ve been getting acquainted with her.

Must say,she is a different beast compared to her sister,Standard Faded,neck feels just a tad thicker. Though this could be because I'm now so used to the sleek feel of the Faded's neck?

But man,she sure looks nice. And sounds very responsive. Goes from a whisper to a roar.

Once again. Another sight unseen/unplayed win![cool]

But as I've said. Not taking into consideration the sound,there's nothing a good set-up can't fix within reason.[wink]

Um DUD WHERE IS THE PICKGUARD? I'm thrown off by no pickguard ....I'm feeling very hurt by this Lowdown Kidding

Lmao....looks great and I bet you get put her down either lol

Um DUD WHERE IS THE PICKGUARD? I'm thrown off by no pickguard ....I'm feeling very hurt by this Lowdown Kidding

Lmao....looks great and I bet you get put her down either lol

[blink] Packed away. After putting on Strap-Loks' date='the first thing I did was take off the PG. Changed jackplate to cream plastic. Just got new PIO caps today so will drop them in when I change to 50's wiring tomorrow. Also have blank TRC on way too. And am thinking about what's under those pupcovers and how she'll look,though I'm certain that I'll stay with the covers because it just looks...right.[biggrin

Whoah baby,the neck on these are hefty huh!? Way thicker than my Standard Faded. I know this for sure now. Thought at first it might've been because of the finish on the back of the neck,but I know now that's not the case. Still love it though. Once you get used to it,it feels great.

Yeah you're right mate,can't put her down. Looking forward to laying down some tracks with her in the next couple of days.:-

[biggrin] Packed away. After putting on Strap-Loks' date='the first thing I did was take off the PG. Changed jackplate to cream plastic. Just got new PIO caps today so will drop them in when I change to 50's wiring tomorrow. Also have blank TRC on way too. And am thinking about what's under those pupcovers and how she'll look,though I'm certain that I'll stay with the covers because it just looks...right.[biggrin']

Whoah baby,the neck on these are hefty huh!? Way thicker than my Standard Faded. I know this for sure now. Thought at first it might've been because of the finish on the back of the neck,but I know now that's not the case. Still love it though. Once you get used to it,it feels great.

Yeah you're right mate,can't put her down. Looking forward to laying down some tracks with her in the next couple of days.[lol]

I forgot to metion about the neck hehe. I was so on the fence when it came to the 50's style neck but after an hour or so, I got real used to it. I think bigger is better here lol

I forgot to metion about the neck hehe. I was so on the fence when it came to the 50's style neck but after an hour or so' date=' I got real used to it. I think bigger is better here lol[/quote']

Yeah. Totally with ya there.

I know the 1 thing that turns people off when it comes to the Trads is the neck.

But if they'd only just stick with it for an hour at the most (took me 1/2) I'm sure more would come around and see the light.

I find I can dig in more and have more control over my vibrato,which is the most important thing of all in my book.

It's a shame,but it's their loss...[blink] Each to their own,I guess.