Gibson Brands Forums

The Traditional Club

Big Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow it's so beautiful. I'm saving up for my first guitar And i have permanently latched myself to the Les Paul Traditional ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤! The anticipation is killing me but I know it's worth the wait.

It took me a while to decide on a color but the Heritage Cherry Sun Burst really makes me smile!

My shiny new Desert Burst Traditional Plus

DSC02104.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest BentonC

Nice Traditionals! I'm actually really liking the look of the top hat knobs with the silver inserts on these. Wouldn't have imagined I'd like that, but it really looks cool [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a les paul tradtional pro sunburts to day does that fit in to this club?

i had a lespual standard 30 years ago i was stoden wen i was 16. and to day i picked the trad/pro from guitar center i always wanted another les paul especally after buying a new sg a few mounths ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the Traditional models.I have what most consider a Les Paul Traditional Plus in desert burst.Over on The Gear Page,some are saying that there is no plus model,only a Traditional.I refered to the extra $200 for the AA flame top over the solid black and goldtop Traditionals,as well as the even less expensive Traditional Pro sold at GC.Is the "Plus" only used for marketing the more expensive top,or is there really only a single Les Paul Traditional model?

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

The "plus" is for your flame tops, as you said. While the plain top would be your goldtop and ebony. The traditional pro has different features than the traditonal. For the purpose identifying products, there is no "plus" model, only a plus top. Most people would say "I have a Desert Burst Les Paul Traditional", not "I have a Desert Burst Les Paul Traditional Plus"

• 2 weeks later...

If I were ordering a traditional online and wanted this color, what color would I want to ask for? I can't tell if it's honey, iced tea, or light burst. There are several "contradicting" photos. It's beautiful!! [love][love][love] I'll be putting in an order soon I think :)

WIP

Nevermind, I can barely make it out, but it appears to say Honey Burst on the case. The Honey Burst I saw in store was nearly solid Honey, hardly a burst.

Hey guys just need a little help.

I just bought this http://www.gcplatinum.com/Guitars/view_listing.cfm?prodId=20517&subCat=51&type=1 .

I don't know what pickups are in it. The model number in the paperwork is LPTD5k+ITCH3 .

I would assume 57s like the description says but I have coil taps on the volume knobs. I feel like that description may not be tailored for the guitar I purchased. Any info would be awesome!