Gibson Brands Forums

The Traditional Club

Big Bill

I was going to get an SG but, I've decided that a Honeyburst or Cherryburst Traditional will be my second Gibson I get. There are some beautiful examples of these great Les Pauls on this thread! I've been drooling the whole time! As much as I love my Special I feel she needs a little brother with a maple cap! I like the lighter colored burst but, I've a weak spot for those cherry burst as well! It's all Jimmy Page's fault! I don't want chambering or weight relief. I will also get a 60s slim neck. This is a good goal to have!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my new 2012 Lightburst that I picked up at the start of May! Huge upgrade from my Vintage Mahoganey Studio! So far I've only made the typical hardware changes and love it! Playing it through a 60's Traynor YBA-1 and Traynor cab, monstrous combination!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So many beautiful guitars!

Well today was the day. I finally own a Les Paul. It's hard to say "own" when it really feels like a relationship.

Anyway, here she is. 2013 Traditional with Honeyburst finish. The sun and the camera really bring out the red but I assure you, she's a honey. [biggrin]

7293803c-b458-4aea-8d0e-97f4f2c4f330.jpg098669ea-5d6c-4c44-8dd0-680d74af9d04.jpg

knobs.jpgtopside.jpg

lowercut.jpgbody-Copy.jpg

Look Ma! NO weight relief! She sings like a bird. I think I'm in love.

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys!

Here I am.... getting member of this club, just got my brand new Chicago Blue Traditional, called Vicki ... l*o*v*e her

She'll get the 50's wiring with independent volumes mods... and the 11 gauge strings... perfect

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering a Traditional to mate with my SG Std. I have had a LP Std on my "to get" list for a while but am now drifting towards the Traditional. I really like the Chicago Blue, not only because I think it's beautiful but also because it's different from what most seem to want or have. Any advice?

Definitely one of my faves... Love the dark blue, perfect for the BLUEZZZ

Here's the Traditional's Chicago Blue and a Gold-Top Pro II.

Just killer sounding LPs, I can't really review them since I just set up the Blue and haven't really A/B'd them for any period of time. That said they are very similar in tone and feel. Both are 9 and 9.1 lbs. The Blue 50 neck has a slightly thicker feel to it. The solid bodies with the 50 necks just really do it for me. I really dig the warmth with them and I like the 57-57+.

IMG_0608_1_zps9aadde2b.jpg

IMG_0610_zps1b449099.jpg

IMG_0614_zps01eb2831.jpg

IMG_0617_zps70afe5ae.jpg

IMG_0620_zpscaee99fc.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsbee4b4b5.jpg

IMG_0431_zps15122ee8.jpg

IMG_0447_zpsbc52e564.jpg

Hello, everyone. New user here, having just bought my very first Gibson [biggrin]

Very happy to say it is a Traditional model, and quite a rare one to have over in the UK; 2013 LP Traditional Pro II.

Look forward to getting involved around here!

Hello, everyone. New user here, having just bought my very first Gibson [biggrin]

Very happy to say it is a Traditional model, and quite a rare one to have over in the UK; 2013 LP Traditional Pro II.

Hi and Welcome, cool LP.

Nice. I'm also in the UK and recently got the same guitar, but in Iced Tea.

Here's the Traditional's Chicago Blue and a Gold-Top Pro II.

Just killer sounding LPs, I can't really review them since I just set up the Blue and haven't really A/B'd them for any period of time. That said they are very similar in tone and feel. Both are 9 and 9.1 lbs. The Blue 50 neck has a slightly thicker feel to it. The solid bodies with the 50 necks just really do it for me. I really dig the warmth with them and I like the 57-57+.

IMG_0608_1_zps9aadde2b.jpg

IMG_0610_zps1b449099.jpg

IMG_0614_zps01eb2831.jpg

IMG_0617_zps70afe5ae.jpg

IMG_0620_zpscaee99fc.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsbee4b4b5.jpg

IMG_0431_zps15122ee8.jpg

IMG_0447_zpsbc52e564.jpg

Wow...that Chicago Blue is AMAZING. Beautiful. Congrats!