Gibson Brands Forums

How I know if someone is ROCK-N-ROLL or NOT!

Stew

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm curious' date=' how many members just couldn't resist "pushing the button" on ole Stew after reading his rant?[/quote']

I have no idea what he was talking about. But it didn't bother me. He just sounds very young and inexperienced and very full of himself. But that's just my impression. No big deal.

Been thinkin' about this...

There are different kinds of rock 'n' roll just as there are different kinds of classical music.

There are bloodboiling tunes and lyrics such as' date=' in the pipes, carry on to battle; but by the same token, there are youthful tales and petitions for affection such as - in the vernacular of a given group - state truths in ways the songwriter knows might be taken appropriately by the petitioned.

There are the cries grown from primitive blues and there are themes and counterpoints from our classical past.

It is only one with little understanding of the history of music to suggest it has unique rhythms, because such have been found in various cultures for years.

Rock is a syncretic art.

Some artists will partake of one part, others may partake of many.

Unfortunately some are too cloistered within their own little rock subculture to understand or recognize others.

And they can stick it in their ear while the rest of us play our own thing our own way. If folks like, or don't like it, so be it.

m

[/quote']

I always enjoy reading your posts, let me guess... 142? Higher? I love to push people's buttons for entertainment but when I read your posts, I realize we do have some smart dudes on here (see, I just pushed someone’s button LOL). You are very well thought out. The number I was referring to would be IQ. Hey man, I totally agree with what you write, in my band currently, we are more indie, alternative rock because we are all over like the white album but we still manage to be cohesive in sound... if that makes sense. We are lucky to have a couple relatively famous musicians to work with us... I'm simply a songwriter and singer but last couple months picked up a guitar (GIBSON) and just last night we laid down a scratch track that I wrote from start to finish. Usually I may write chords to a verse only or a chorus here and there but my main talent is writing melodies and lyrics. Rock is everywhere just like math... people must learn to wear their numbers well... so, 144? (Although a high IQ can take you places… it is all in how you use it… you use it well) Now let me get back to being a punk-*** for kicks!

HEY ALL YOU DOUCHBAGS! ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[biggrin]

I love to push people's buttons for entertainment...Now let me get back to being a punk-*** for kicks!

[biggrin]

This is what sticks way out in front of you. And, while you are certainly entitled to your own thoughts and feelings, the fact that you derive pleasure out of creating disharmony and acrimony among others is noteworthy and very telling. And it hasn't a thing to do with Rock. I would venture to guess that some sort of acceptance is your goal and you simply don't know how to go about earning it. So it's easier to just sabotage any social success you might possibly experience by being arrogant, self-absorbed and dismissive. That way most folks are put off by you and you can feel like it's all their fault. Hopefully you'll outgrow it.

This is what sticks way out in front of you. And' date=' while you are certainly entitled to your own thoughts and feelings, the fact that you derive pleasure out of creating disharmony and acrimony among others is noteworthy and very telling. And it hasn't a thing to do with Rock. I would venture to guess that some sort of acceptance is your goal and you simply don't know how to go about earning it. So it's easier to just sabotage any social success you might possibly experience by being arrogant, self-absorbed and dismissive. That way most folks are put off by you and you can feel like it's all their fault. Hopefully you'll outgrow it.[/quote']

Do you need a hug Cruz? Come here big guy... :-s it's ok Cruzzy, it's ok... now now... [biggrin]

I always enjoy reading your posts' date=' let me guess... 142? Higher? I love to push people's buttons for entertainment but when I read your posts, I realize we do have some smart dudes on here (see, I just pushed someone’s button LOL). You are very well thought out. The number I was referring to would be IQ. Hey man, I totally agree with what you write, in my band currently, we are more indie, alternative rock because we are all over like the white album but we still manage to be cohesive in sound... if that makes sense. We are lucky to have a couple relatively famous musicians to work with us... I'm simply a songwriter and singer but last couple months picked up a guitar (GIBSON) and just last night we laid down a scratch track that I wrote from start to finish. Usually I may write chords to a verse only or a chorus here and there but my main talent is writing melodies and lyrics. Rock is everywhere just like math... people must learn to wear their numbers well... so, 144? (Although a high IQ can take you places… it is all in how you use it… you use it well) Now let me get back to being a punk-*** for kicks!

[biggrin

This may be a good read for you:

toot2_az.jpg

A good snack during your reading:

humble-pie.jpg

LOL! Very creative posts... I wish I was all talk and not all ROCK!!!!

Soon, we are going into mix down but I do have one (well many, but that’s personal) problem with posting my music. The fact that I tend to shoot off mouth so don’t let that reflect negatively on the mega talent I work with… I’m the kid in the sand box kicking dirt… they are building sand castles. Yes I write and sing and play a bit, I like to think that I’m an artist and not a musician. When the sand settles, I will post. Yes some posters will be very pissed off how awesome it is... but hey, go &%$# yourself. Thank you. Now let me get to the gym to fire up these ROCK HARD GUNS OF STEEL!

LOL! Very creative posts... I wish I was all talk and not all ROCK!!!!

Soon' date=' we are going into mix down but I do have one (well many, but that’s personal) problem with posting my music. The fact that I tend to shoot off mouth so don’t let that reflect negatively on the mega talent I work with… I’m the kid in the sand box kicking dirt… they are building sand castles. Yes I write and sing and play a bit, I like to think that I’m an artist and not a musician. When the sand settles, I will post. Yes some posters will be very pissed off how awesome it is... but hey, go &%$# yourself. Thank you. Now let me get to the gym to fire up these ROCK HARD GUNS OF STEEL![/quote']

FW5015lg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! I was banned from site... which I think is amazing! Ok, rock gods... keep doing nothing! I'm dropping my CD next month. You will hear about it but you wont hear it from me... thanks for the laughs. ROCK ON Wanna-be dudes!

Archived