Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Gibson Model???

Gibson4life

Be careful of posting a poll' date=' some idiot (won't mention their name) bashed me because I posted mine twice a few days ago. I think polls are fun, so Ill log on to the site again and cast my vote. Great poll BTW............ excellent choices.......... [/quote']

Do tell do tell.[biggrin]

LP's for me thanx guv.

Be careful of posting a poll' date=' some idiot (won't mention their name) bashed me because I posted mine twice a few days ago. I think polls are fun, so Ill log on to the site again and cast my vote. Great poll BTW............ excellent choices.......... [/quote']

It was me wasn't it. Wanna name my name?

And being careful about posting polls has nothing to do with double posting, or even posting the same type of polls repetitively. I'm not saying any names of forum members that did this, but it was someone [biggrin]

I LOVE everything about my old Lester, and have since I bought it new.

I also love my V, it's Ebony & patterned on the '67 (current production) I even like the ceramic p'ups it sports, which seems to put me in a minority.

I'm fixing to install p'up covers & pot them with beeswax to see if it "mellows" them any.

Gotta say' date=' I love 'em all, but extra love goes towards the Firebird, which is mysteriously absent from the poll...[/quote']

Man, that is my third guitar acquisition I have planned.

Order goes: Strat, 335, Firebird. I need (yes need lol) something with mini humbuckers. I think after I get the 335 I will put a P90 in my LP.

Tonal heaven as long as my playing keeps up

It's my observation that if you play an es175 or roughly the same design for a week at a cupla hours a day through a decent amp, if it's well set up for the kind of strings and playing you do, and if you don't insist on playing at the 29th fret <grin>, you may never wanna go back to another guitar. That may especially be true for acoustic players.

That's nothing at all against other quality instruments. I just think the 175 is a nearly perfect guitar design for 99 percent of what I do now. Were I to get back into heavy bluegrass, I dunno. Were I to do "cover" stuff again where there's insistence on copying how somebody else played a tune, I might consider something else. But... for me and what I play ranging from a bit of Bach to a lotta my own arrangements of swing through 60s stuff and even "cowboy" music...

Yeah, I've also got an SG type (mid 1970s Guild) that is as good for its type as anything I've played and it's "mine" until I'm planted, and a few other designs from electric to EA. I love the looks of the 335, the feel of a few acoustics and some other full hollow jazz boxes and thin bodies but... the proportions of the 175 just seem so artful and "fitting" for picking, at least given my body size, that it's nearly perfect.

m

Archived