Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Sammy Hagar model

doublecutjr

I'm not big on signature models, but that's a pretty cool piece - and the price is right.

That being said, I am indeed a big Sammy Hagar fan.

One of my all time favorites to this day is There's Only One Way To Rock from Standing Hampton.

"Crank out the drums, crank out the bass, crank out my Les Paul..... in your face...."

1981 I believe.

I remember thinking to myself "Yeah, I'm gonna have to get one of those Les Pauls...."

I think if you're gonna give a guy his signature model, it should be about him, and not about a band that he hasn't been with that long.(1 album)

I think his personal Red Rocker logo on the headstock where a Custom Les Paul's split diamond would be, might look cool, but by putting the Chickenfoot logo there it makes it seem like marketing a band, and not honoring an artist.

I question why they made this one. It does seem more like an effort to cash in on Chickenfoot

I agree.

1 album, and the jury is still out on it.

I mean, it's OKAY........

How is Hager worthy of a sig anyhow?

Let's say I just don't get it.....

:-k

I agree.

1 album' date=' and the jury is still out on it.

I mean, it's OKAY........

How is Hager worthy of a sig anyhow?

Let's say I just don't get it.....

[biggrin

On that tack...The Keifer Sutherland Gibson? Whats next the Lindsay Lohan LP junior?

I question why they made this one. It does seem more like an effort to cash in on Chickenfoot' date=' the latest "supergroup" to come around. It IS a nice color though.[/quote']That is the goal (for any corp/co.) my friend! To make money...LOTS of money!

Hey, and at least this one is a real LP! And not some...android!

Whats next the Lindsay Lohan LP junior?
I actually think it would be something more like this:

redux-fish_guitar.jpg

She does like "fish" you know?[biggrin]

Archived