Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LPguitarman

Pickguard on or off???

On.

1) They look better that way (of course that's a matter of taste)

2) When playing lead and singing I rest my pinky on the PG and the bridge pup

3) It protects the guitar and when it gets scratched up, it's easy to replace (much easier than refinishing the guitar)

4) It came with the guitar - you paid for it - whaddaya think? Money grows on trees? (in my father's best voice) LOL

Notes

4) It came with the guitar - you paid for it - whaddaya think? Money grows on trees? (in my father's best voice) LOL

Notes

Notes' date='

I have a rather fun anecdote about this. Well, I don't know how fun it is, but it really ties into this whole thing.

I work at a restaurant in NYC, taking delivery and pick-up orders over the phone, packing orders, settling credit transactions. We have an item that's very popular, a chicken burger, which is shipped with ketchup and special sauce.

Last Thursday, a dreadfully busy night, we had ten or so orders going out in one cycle, with only one delivery boy. This meant that pretty much every order would be a little cooler than when it was dispatched--make sense?

We get one call, a complaint from a customer, who says that "My burger's cold, and it isn't what I ordered."

I check the receipt from her order. There's a chicken burger, right there.

I tell her "I checked your order. You definitely ordered a chicken burger."

She says to me "There's no ketchup, so this isn't what I ordered, and this is unacceptable."

[blush

Apparently, someone else packed that one, and forgot the (big deal) ketchup. But you see, because she paid for it (barely) and didn't receive it, she claimed that it wasn't what she paid for.

I'm not supposed to handle complaints anyway. That's the manager's job...

<...>Apparently' date=' someone else packed that one, and forgot the (big deal) ketchup. But you see, because she paid for it (barely) and didn't receive it, she claimed that it wasn't what she paid for.

I'm not supposed to handle complaints anyway. That's the manager's job...[/quote']

When a business has a problem, they have an opportunity to make a customer for life or lose a customer for life - depending on how the problem is handled. Of course I'm talking about a REAL problem (which missing ketchup is NOT).

There will always be those kinds of customers. And yes, it's the manager's job.

If I were manager, I would evaluate the customer to see is she was a chronic complainer after a free meal or not. If she just seemed like a jerk who would probably be a return customer, I'd offer to either (1) fix her a new sandwich [take it in the kitchen, wait a while, re-heat the chicken and put some ketchup on it] or (2) offer her some ketchup to add on and then tell her I'd take half-off the sandwich for her putting her own ketchup on.

I'm glad I play music for a living. Either we know the song, or we don't.

Insights and incites by Notes

The guard on a Les Paul is just so cheesy.... I always felt it looked like an ugly after-thought. Fingerpicking is so much easier without it also.

I like Karo on my pancakes...mine's off right now, but it's stuffed in the guitar's case should I decide to re-install it.