Gibson Brands Forums

My New 2009/10 LP Traditional Pro

ecjohnny

Received it about 3 weeks ago. The headstock is stamped 2009, but the Quality card is dated 1/4/10. I've been wanting one for years. I love the guitar,just one complaint,or two. 4 of 6 strings buzz when picked openly. I expected no buzzing from a $2000 guitar. Does ANYONE have a new LP that doesn't have any buzzing? And there is no engravement on the truss rod cover that would identify what flavor of Les Paul it is. Here is a pic:Nissan200SX022.jpg

Very nice. I ordered my Standard Traditional Pro last weekend, in vintage sunburst. It's due to be delivered on Monday 2/22.

I've read plenty about Gibson's spotty QC - I am hoping that my plek'ed guitar will play perfectly out of the box, but I'm not holding my breath...

So much can happen durring shipping. How many major climate changes/humidity changes did it go through, etc... If string buzz is all you have to worry about you have nothing to worry about. A set-up costs about $75.00 depending on where you are located. Call the company you ordered it from, complain about the buzz and mention that Pleked guitars aren't supposed to have string /fret buzz, they will credit your account for the cost of a set-up, take it to your local tech and have it set-up to your liking.[biggrin]

That is one sweet LP, son! I love the look of the black finish with the zebra pups. Very nice. I always figured that after getting plekd a bunch of the guitars would need setting up after shipping. I'm sure if you talk to the right person the problem can be resolved without you having to spend money.

Archived