Gibson Brands Forums

New Addition

RRIDER

This might not be the proper area for this. If not, my apologies.

I just bought my new Fireburst LP Studio on 2/12/10 . Some of you read about my situation on the purchase of a 2008 Blue Mist SG on Ebay...Well it came FedEx today. It is as nice as they come, set up is good and intonation is dead on.

I have added these to a 1971 Gibson ES-335, and a 1964 Silvertone with a Bigsby and Gibson P90 pickups. In addition to this collection of electrics we have a couple of acoustics, unfortunately they aren't Gibsons.

Here are some pics.

IM000720.jpg

IM000721.jpg

IM000723.jpg

I really like the finish on that SG- but all of them are smokin! Do you have a favorite yet?

The SG is one of very few Gibsons that the head stock' date=' neck and back are the same color as the body. RARE??

[img']http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/rwrighter/BlueMistSG1.jpg[/img]

The 71 ES-335 has the most sentimental value, not to mention the $ value. It belonged to my wifes dad, he bought it new, and still plays as sweet as a new one. Her dad passed away over 30 yrs ago, so the 335 will be ours until we both die. The 64 Silvertone has an awesome sound with the P-90's. I've had it for about 25 yrs.

The SG was delivered by FedEx today, I tuned it and played it awhile, as I was I was thinking I could still take the Les Paul back (45 day return policy). Until I got it out of the case....No, it's not going back.

A favorite?? That's a hard question to answer!

I mentioned that I was thinking about taking the LP back to my wife this evening. She didn't like that idea any more than I did after I got it out of the case and played it some....She plays too, so having a couple of newer axes hopefully we can keep the 2 vintage ones as nice as possible. Just play them once in awhile.

Could I ask if you have any fret buzzing problems on that new studio. And congrats! It and that SG look great.

No fret buzzing, but the intonation was off, I set the intonation up myself instead of taking back to the dealer to have it done.

Archived